Analyser Technician - Competitive salary and benefits
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require an Analyser Technician with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
- Install, maintain, repair and assist in the integrity of all analyser equipment and associated equipment to achieve a safe working environment which is highly reliable and cost efficient.
- Execute/Deliver the planned and corrective maintenance tasks allocated by the Maintenance Supervisor (Analyser) to achieve asset targets for SHE, costs, availability, reliability, integrity and quality.
- The KG asset consists of a significant number of plant items :- circa 5,000 process items, 1,000 motors, 7,500 valves and safety valves, 16,000 instruments, 100 tanks and towers, 2,000 process vessels and heat exchangers etc.
- The post-holder will be required to interact positively with others (e.g. Maintenance Supervisor, the COW/RAP team, colleagues, trainers, stores, suppliers, contractors, planners/schedulers and main workshops personnel) to ensure the timely delivery of all work.
- The role will require the post-holder to develop, maintain and use a range of competences. These competences will include, but not be limited to general, technical and individual competences, which shall vary in number and level between grades and may differ between individuals such that the capability of the team is enhanced..
- Observe/apply all health and safety rules, procedures, standards and behaviours at all times (e.g. Control of Work, COSHH, Manual Handling, Risk assessments, LOLER & PUWER etc. including the raising and follow-up of any issues/actions as appropriate)
- Execute allocated tasks to completion, to the required quality, safely/efficiently/promptly, applying all relevant technical standards/techniques and ensure work area is maintained in a tidy condition throughout.
- Inspect/examine analyser equipment as directed within safety/operational/technical procedures and manuals to ensure all potential faults are identified in advance of potential failure
- Investigate/examine faulty equipment as directed in order to accurately ascertain the root cause of faults, identify/implement repairs and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that the spares required for each job are available and liaise with the DAS/planner/others to remedy any shortfall.
- Accurately record all work carried out (in the maintenance management system e.g. Maximo) to provide future personnel with an accurate history of work carried out, plant condition when last inspected, as built settings/clearances/dimensions etc. Provide feedback on any/all inaccuracies in documentation, drawings, work-plans etc.
- Promote and undertake predictive / preventive maintenance of equipment and asset care programmes (and actively support manufacturing technicians using technical knowledge).
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive attitudes/behaviours at all times, offering clear/ constructive feedback and being flexibile in support of the Asset during/after significant process upsets, plant failures, TARs, project implementation etc
- Participate in equipment improvement teams, offering first-hand technical input and carry out actions to ensure delivery
- Actively assist and support contractors / vendors to ensure timely progression of maintenance activities
- Work productively and assist other members of the maintenance team as required, to expedite repair of equipment and deliver against the maintenance schedule/plan.
- Promptly report back to DAS in respect of any delays to and/or significant issues identified in allocated tasks to maximize personal/team productivity, improve the maintenance process and improve asset availability/reliability/efficiency.
- Take responsibility for your own personal development and actively participating in the competence framework, training, 1-2-1s with your supervisor, the mid-year/year-end appraisal process, setting/delivering your personal objectives, etc
- Preferred Experience of minimum 5 years in Polyethylene plants or ethylene cracker is required.
- Candidate is expected to demonstrate advanced theoretical and hands on experience in the installation, commissioning, start-up and troubleshooting of most of specific type of equipment listed below:
- Gas chromatographs - Siemens Maxum II GC and ABB.
- CEMS – Siemens Utramat 23, Sick Maihak SO2 & NOx analysers, ABB Uras NOx & CO analyser.
- Steam and Water quality analysers - pH, degassed caution conductivity, cation conductivity, specific conductivity, TOC and Silica. (ABB/Hach/Yogogawa/Endress)
- Oxygen analysers - Servomex 2700, Delta F, Teledyne trace oxygen, Dissolved oxygen analysers (Yokogawa, Hach)
- Moisture analysers – GE, Cosa Xentaur HDT.
- Fire & Gas instruments – Drager Polytron (combustible, toxic and flame).
- Advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of analyser sample conditioning systems.
- Understanding of Polymer characterisation.
- Technical knowledge required for main type of IE equipment: Control Valves, Actuators, TT, PT, FT, Transmitter elements, Junction Boxes, HVAC, UPS, Low and High voltage electrical motors, etc
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant outages.
- Ensure the maintenance of your individual skills to deliver value to Ineos O&P UK and to aid in ensuring you are competent in your role
- Individuals may hold specific responsibilities on behalf of the team (e.g. manual handling assessor, FLT driver, rigging/slinging, etc)
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- HNC / NVQ level 3 in a relevant discipline or equivalent work place experience.
- Preferred candidates ideally trained in:
- Swagelok Process analyser sampling system (PASS).
- Siemens Maxum II Advance GC Training.
- Flammable Gas detection.
- Familiar with O&P’s and KG’s rules, procedures and standards
- Professional at all times, with drive/determination and a positive attitude.
- Clear and courteous communicator providing constructive feedback to improve the process
- Follows the rules, with attention to detail and pride in the quality of their work.
- Flexible and has the ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in the use of certain computer systems (Maximo, e-mail, MS Word/Excel etc)
- A team player who takes responsibility for delivering their role and seeks out their next task
- Willing to learn and to share their knowledge/experience with others
How to Apply
External - Interested candiates should apply and upload their CV
Internal Candidates - Interested candidates should submit their CV and last two performance appraisals to HR contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Please obtain line manager approval before applying for this position.