Applications Systems Engineer (BI Suite)
INEOS O&P UK
This is a 12-month contract opportunity
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require business applications System Engineer with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
To provide support and development for a number of business application systems with particular focus on specific areas of expertise. To support troubleshooting & resolution of system issues and unplanned outages. Provide input into technical solutions for new project activities. Implement & test business applications, working closely with other members of the IT Team and when required, the business users.
• Provide application support for specific business applications relevant to experience. Ensuring compliance with IT processes & standards, including change management
• Install & test business applications both in-house developed & 3rd party purchased in conjunction with business users
• Regular review of incoming support issues to ensure resolution within a timely manner. To support the team with resolving any unplanned outages. Highlighting any significant issues to the Application Manager.
• Update support documentation & procedures to ensure that they meet the goals of simplicity and efficiency in working practices
• Providing technical support for small & medium sized projects tasks, to ensure that they are delivered on time; within budget and meeting the stated business requirements.
• Responsibility to ensure that all applications support & disaster recovery documentation is kept updated for supported application systems
• Accountable for source code control within your area of expertise
• Assist in delivering applications IT Strategy in alignment the INEOS FPS, Refining & O&P UK roadmaps to achieve business goals
• High level of experience of Windows 10 for the client and Windows Server 2016
• Working knowledge of installing 3rd party supplier software onto PC clients and servers is essential to this role
• Excellent working knowledge of using Business Intelligence products.
• Superior knowledge of working with MS Excel, is essential and working with macros is preferred
• Excellent Data Analysis & Problem Solving Skills
• Involved with data analysis of historical, current and predictive data view of business operations. This includes working with both structured and unstructured data to meet stated business requirements.
• No Visa applications will be considered in relation to this role
Qualifications & Experience
• 5 years relevant technical IT Systems experience
• Experience of Windows 10 for the client
• Knowledge in using SQL Server 2008 up to 2016 is preferred
• Knowledge in using Oracle databases.
• Working knowledge of installing 3rd party supplier software onto PC clients and servers is essential to this role.
• Ability to resolve technical issues of a 3rd line support nature.
• Analyse and document client/end-user Business Intelligence requirements
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate certification
• Expert working knowledge of MS Excel
• Knowledge in using Qlikview, MSBI (SSRS, SSIS and Power BI) or SAP BI 4.
• Data Analysis skills.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion, interacting with the Senior Systems Engineers or Technical Leads to highlight & discuss technical issues
• Written & spoken English language skills are essential
• Engaging with business users when troubleshooting issues and clarifying business requirements
• Speaking to software suppliers to resolve technical issues and communicating with end users to co-ordinate installs
• Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously (written & verbal)
• Self-starter, with strong team-working, influencing, communication and other interpersonal skills
• Demonstrates a bias for action
• Driven to attain goals and pursue excellence
• Agrees workload priority with line manager
• Meets timescales for project tasks
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Participates in effective team interaction (including remotely based team members)
• Regularly reviews/updates service desk tickets.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
• Updates IT support documentation
• Making a contribution to team success and actively supporting others
Please submit your Cv to be considered for this vacancy.