BANKING AND TREASURY ACCOUNTANT - Competitive Salary and Benefits
INEOS ACETYLS EUROPE
INEOS Acetyls Europe sits within the INEOS Acetyls division, which is part of the global chemical company, INEOS. Based at Saltend Chemicals Park, Hull, East Yorkshire, this business unit is home to some of petrochemicals most innovative and cutting-edge operations, with two world-scale acetyls plants, which are the largest producers of acetic acid in Europe. The whole chain of chemicals production is managed in Hull, from research to manufacturing, logistics and sales.
This primary responsibility of this role is to proactively operate the UK Treasury activities for INEOS Acetyls Europe including accounts receivable, banking and payments and cash forecasting to ensure business funding within agreed specifications. You will have had experience within a treasury role and will be looking to actively participate in a fast paced, highly motivated, top performing Finance team and have had prior exposure to monthly and year end processes.
- To proactively manage and report the cash balances on the three bank accounts to ensure that none of the three accounts go overdrawn and manage efficiencies with INEOS Holdings Ltd
- To provide an accurate weekly 13 week rolling cash flow forecast, including variances from previous week for INEOS Acetyls Europe to enable the Acetyls Board to monitor and report the cash position to Ineos Capital
- To manage the vendor payment run schedule to timetable to ensure the timely and accurate payment of all vendors and employee expenses
- To agree all intercompany balances (including operating balances, loan and interest) at each month end ensuring that all transactions are accurately posted by European Acetyls in SAP
- To support the European Finance Manager/Acetyls Finance Controller on any specific projects as required in order to meet the changing demands placed upon INEOS Acetyls
- To post all customer receipts over the three currency accounts on a timely basis, create all new customers in SAP as directed by Credit Control Officer or Sales / Logistics team and issue all miscellaneous Debit or Credit notes as directed. Also set up any standing orders or direct debits as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified accountant or proven experience of working in a finance or Treasury department and be working towards a recognized accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Required to have well-developed PC skills, with knowledge of SAP systems necessary
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of the organisation including directly with the Acetyls Board
- Highly numerate with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident user of MS Excel with hands on experience with spreadsheets
- Able to manage ad hoc project support work alongside day to day accounts payable processes and deadlines
- Effective communicator, written and verbal, with good negotiation skills
- Strong organisational skills with a flexible approach
- Able to demonstrate extensive customer service experience, together with business partnering
- Keen to drive innovation and seeking to improve processes where appropriate
- Experience working in the Petrochemicals /Energy sector is useful but not essential
How to Apply
Meet the criteria? Please upload your CV and apply