Capex Controller, Grangemouth (permanent)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
As a capex controller you will prepare, determine and evaluate the Capex incurred by the Manufacturing site and 4 Fuels Terminals operated by the refining business in Grangemouth, approximate value of > $100m. Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Capex reporting in the financial ledger and recommend results to Group Financial Controller, Performance Coordinator and onwards to CFO.
- Review, Report and Recommend the monthly Capex spend both in terms of value of work done and cash outflow, annualised value of >$100m, ensuring complete integrity within the financial ledger and giving assurance through Performance coordinator to Group Financial Controller of the accuracy and correctness of the results on a monthly basis.
- Appraise, Assess and Review all refining Capex and exceptional maintenance projects on a monthly basis, ensuring that projects have the appropriate sanction per the current delegation of authority and that forecast costs are within sanction, discussing with project managers to correct this by getting additional sanction or reappraising project costs.
- Control, Coordinate and Collate the respective Fixed Asset Registers for Petroineos Manufacturing Scotland Ltd and Petroineos Fuels Assets Ltd, ensuring that the integrity of the asset register is correctly maintained and clearly identifiable in terms of component accounting. Further confirm the integrity of the ledger by reconciling fixed assets in SAP to the asset register.
- Work with the cost analyst to Review, Report and Recommend the monthly fixed and variable cost for the shared service cost centre’s e.g. HR, Inspections, FC&A etc. This involves regular meetings with the budget holder, revising the year end forecast on a quarterly basis and preparing the operating plan for the shared service in conjunction with the budget holder.
The successful candidate will have:
- Part qualified to fully qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA). Candidates will be considered if they display strong accounting skills through experience of working in several accounting functions or through other formal training
- Exposure to CAPEX and REVEX
- Excellent knowledge of refinery accounting system (SAP).
- Good Excel Skills.
Should this job be of interest please upload you CV and apply
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager