O&P Cat II Inspection Engineer
Are you in?
Grangemouth is a top tier COMAH site which includes an ethylene cracker, power station, ethane loading terminal and several other major petrochemicals process plants and Infrastructure. Our UKAS accredited Inspection Team provide a service to develop, deliver and sustain a mechanical asset inspection strategy for the O&P Business to comply with the law and INEOS integrity and business goals.
Our Inspectors are required to inspect a range of mechanical equipment as the ‘competent person’ as defined in the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000. This includes evaluating condition and fitness for purpose for further periods of service in accordance with National Design Codes and PSSR 2000. The work will be required to be undertaken as part of: Shutdowns; Major Asset Integrity Projects or maintenance / inspection programmes.
As an Inspection Engineer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing and review of Written Schemes of Examination (WSE)
- Identify preparation requirements for the WSE
- Examination in accordance with the WSE
- Understanding NDT techniques — ultrasonic thickness checks, magnetic particle, dye penetrant, radiography.
- Coordination of NDT providers for extensive requirements or specialist methods
- Preparation of clear reports, including photographs
- Assessment of deterioration
- Coordinating inspection repairs.
- Participation in Risk Based Inspection studies
- This position reports to the Senior Inspection Engineer of a team of Inspection staff. For large shutdowns the Inspector is required to coordinate their work with other Inspectors. For repairs and fitness for service the inspector is required to coordinate with Mechanical Asset Engineers and Planning Team.
Candidates are required to have a relevant engineering background and demonstrable experience of inspecting pipework and vessels on a high hazard site : preferably from petrochemicals manufacturing, off shore or refining background.
In addition, the role requires some experience of design, fabrication, maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment types. The candidate should be fit and also have good written and verbal communication skills; excellent eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures accurately.
In return we can offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, pension and annual bonus.
Candidates should hold as a minimum HNC or equivalent in mechanical engineering
Internal INEOS Candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager.