Condition Monitoring – CBM Technician, Grangemouth Refinery – Permanent.
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
Petroineos Refining and Trading is one of the largest independent refiners trading in Europe. This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site; we are seeking a Condition Monitoring – CBM Technician to join our Engineering Team at our Grangemouth site on a permanent basis.
The role of CBM Technician is to work as an effective part of the Refinery Machinery team and to provide a satisfactory standard of Equipment Condition Monitoring using a range of techniques. The CBM Technician will deliver good service and technical skills to the refinery. You may be required to visit other sites such as Finnart or Dalston.
- Provide assurance for the Condition Monitoring of rotating machinery
- Leadership in oil mist system
- Interface with external and Ineos machinery networks on CM matters
- Identify best practices and disseminate best practices across the site
- Challenge the accepted way of doing things
- Develop condition monitoring knowledge within other disciplines
- Manage CM / Asset interface – reporting / alerts / feedback / audits
- Ensure condition monitoring schedule compliance.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting to line management, with regard to operational objectives, achievements and opportunities.
- Carry out tasks within the Job Holder’s skill set and competency, aligned to the individuals agreed client requirements, Petroineos requirements and standards.
- Ensure equipment and facilities are maintained in a serviceable condition and within the calibration QAP control procedure.
- Comply with Petroineos HSE Procedures. Follow Method Statements, COSHH Assessments, and Risk Assessments in place, inform Management if documentation is incorrect or missing. Report any HSE Issues
- Demonstrate that a high level of service is being delivered in a professional manner at all times (clean/tidy working, well presented/spoken/written, visual aids).
- Planning, Organising & Reviewing; The position holder is responsible for his own work (within predetermined parameters), organising the delivery of CBM services, assisting the Machinery Team Leader to optimise performance, in compliance with all business systems, processes and standards.
- Reporting; first pass analysis (where qualified/proficient) of CM results, high level of operational feedback to the Asset Care Machinery Engineers
- Good interpersonal skills to support customer relationship management principles, whilst delivering core services to customer
- Self-actuated and enthusiastic to develop and achieve business and personal goals and objectives
- Good organisational and personal management skills
- ONC/NVQ/HNC desired
- BINDT VA Level 1 desired
- ICML MLA1 desired but not essential
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of basic principles of refinery plant equipment, condition monitoring and lubrication management
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager.
Please note we are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK