Construction Supervisor (Civil) - Contract
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Reporting to the Maintenance and Planning Manager, the post holder will be the Single Point Accountability (SPA) for civil engineering activities and contracts across all assets within Ineos FPS. Facilitate, manage and drive the field execution of civil maintenance and project work on the Kinneil asset (and support in such matters to other FPS Assets.
- Be aware of and apply relevant International, National and INEOS standards, systems and procedures for facilities management /civil engineering activities to satisfy legislative requirements and meet business goals for cost, schedule HSE and quality.
- Provide civil engineering expertise / advice to the FPS organisation. This may/shall include involvement during design safety and engineering reviews to ensure that construction requirements and legislation are complied with.
- Lead the delivery of civil engineering work in the field, coordinating resources, materials, permits and everything necessary to complete the work on time, in budget, to the scope/design intent and to the required HSE and quality standards.
- Monitor and report upon delivery, ensure problems/issues are anticipated/ identified/ flagged at the earliest opportunity and that appropriate mitigations/solutions are put in place etc.
- Direct, control and motivate the execution of civil engineering work on behalf of INEOS, such that the allocated resources are in a position to deliver and perform to the required standards.
- Plan and schedule the implementation in line with INEOS Control Of Work procedures.
- Review scopes of work, execution plans, method statements and risk assessments to ensure that work can be executed safely and efficiently within timescales.
- Ensure that work is coordinated with other parties (including but not limited to INEOS operations/permit personnel, the relevant Scaffold Insulation and Painting (SIP) contractor, other resources working on the same project(s), other resources working in the vicinity of the work execution locations(s), quality assurance, commissioning and inspection personnel, etc).
- Receive, review, interpret and distribute civil engineering reports (and facilities management reports) on behalf of INEOS and ensure that recommendations are considered/actioned as appropriate (with appropriate records being kept).
- The above shall require the post-holder to familiarise themselves with the scope/ drawings/ specifications to be implemented, to understand both what is to be implemented and how.
- Requirement for individual to interface / coordinate with a wide range of roles ( TAR Leader, Maintenance Specialists, SHE Advisers, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering, Operations/Permits, implementation contractors, services contractors etc).
- The role requires the successful handling of multiple concurrent jobs across the businesses on the site and associated off-site locations.
- The role will include significant autonomy and require the individual to be self starting/ motivating at times
- Understands and manages industrial relations with our contractors (in line with wider site approaches).
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned project activities.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- HND / Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering / Facilities Management discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in an Civil Engineering / Facilities Management environment (ideally relating to Oil/Gas industries or petrochemical manufacturing)
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety Law (including CDM) and legislative requirements/construction standards relevant to facilities management and civil engineering.
- Understanding of the budgeting process and cost control
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels (both within INEOS and with contractor resource) with an appropriate style
- Disciplined planning and organisation skills together with the ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong networking and coordination skills
- Has a logical, proactive and methodical approach to problem solving,
- The ability to recognise key issues and who needs to know about them
- The personal drive to take responsibility and drive delivery on behalf of the client.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and prepared to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Commitment to excellent SHE performance and zero tolerance for unsafe conditions/ behaviors
How to Apply
Please register and submit your application via INEOS Opportunities https://www.ineosopportunities.co.uk/
Please note applications not received via this method cannot be considered for interview.