Construction Supervisor Mechanical – Contract
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Construction Supervisor with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
- Lead the field execution of project and turnaround construction work
- Facilitate and drive mechanical installation work activities at site for allocated projects
- Focus on safe working of implementation resources.
- Prepare implementation plans and work packs
- The role will report to the Project Construction Manager within the KG Project Construction department.
- The role does not have any direct reports
- The role will also have dotted responsibility to the KG Project Managers (who will each have leadership responsibility for one or more of the projects being implemented.
- Be aware of and apply relevant International, National and INEOS standards, systems and procedures for construction activities to satisfy legislative requirements and meet business goals for cost, schedule HSE and quality.
- Provide construction and mechanical expertise / advice during design safety and engineering reviews to ensure that construction requirements and legislation are complied with.
- Lead the delivery of construction work in the field, coordinating resources, materials, permits and everything necessary to complete the work on time, in budget, to the design intent and to the required HSE and quality standards.
- Monitor and report upon delivery, ensure problems/issues are anticipated/ identified/ flagged at the earliest opportunity and that appropriate mitigations/solutions are put in place etc.
- Direct, control and motivate the execution of project MECHANICAL work on behalf of INEOS, such that the allocated resources are in a position to deliver and perform to the required standards.
- Plan and schedule the implementation in line with INEOS Control OF Work procedures.
- Review scopes of work, execution plans, method statements and risk assessments to ensure that work can be executed safely and efficiently within timescales.
- Ensure that work is coordinated with other parties (including but not limited to INEOS operations/permit personnel, the relevant Scaffold Insulation and Painting (SIP) contractor, other resources working on the project(s), other resources working in the vicinity of the projects implementation locations(s), quality assurance, commissioning and inspection personnel, etc).
- Ensure that accurate and complete “as Built” information is provided to the Project Manager to update site records with the correct information.
- The above shall require the post-holder to familiarise themselves with the scope/ drawings/ specifications to be implemented, to understand both what is to be implemented and how.
- Requirement for individual to interface / coordinate with a wide range of roles (Project Managers, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering, Operations/Permits, implementation contractors, services contractors etc).
- The construction programme comprises multiple concurrent jobs across to businesses on the site and associated off-site locations.
- Understands and manages industrial relations within own portfolio (in line with wider site approaches).
- Some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned project activities.
- During periods where no project work is being executed, the post-holder shall support the execution of day-to-day maintenance activities.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- HND / Degree Qualified in Mechanical Discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Mechanical construction environment (ideally relating to Oil/Gas industries or Petrochemical manufacturing)
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety Law (including CDM) and legislative requirements/construction standards relevant to the Mechanical disciplines.
- Competent operator of planning and scheduling tools (e.g. Primavera 5 / MS Project) and work control system tools (e.g. Maximo 5)
- A detailed understanding of project management processes
- Understanding of the budgeting process and cost control
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels (both within INEOS and with contractor resource) with an appropriate style
- Disciplined planning and organisation skills together with the ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong networking and coordination skills
- Has a logical, proactive and methodical approach to problem solving,
- The ability to recognise key issues and who needs to know about them
- The personal drive to take responsibility and drive delivery on behalf of the client.
- Has the ability to assimilate and analyse data and information and to report recommendations and justification.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and prepared to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Commitment to excellent SHE performance and zero tolerance for unsafe conditions/ behaviors.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply and upload CV