Construction Supervisor (Mechanical) - Contract
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
The Construction Supervisor will be responsible for supervision and the performance management of all asset mechanical construction activities. The role will provide construction support to FPS Export Mechanical Engineers in relation to site modifications, mechanical/FM repair orders and asset mechanical pre-TAR activities. The role will assist in pre-engineering, monitoring of site construction delivery, quality assurance in relation to delivery, cost and SHE compliance.
- Work closely with asset Mechanical Engineers, ensuring asset mechanical construction projects are delivered safely, on time, on budget to the required Ineos FPS standards.
- Develop engineering workpacks including creation of pipework fabrication drawings.
- Organise construction kick off meetings, pre-mobilisation check lists, TQ’s/SI mgt and punching & completion activity including certification procedure compliance.
- Carry out regular SHE, delivery performance, quality and cost auditing on mechanical construction projects.
- Work with the asset planning team to develop construction plans and participate in daily/weekly progress meetings with planning and scheduling team.
- Carry out monthly cost assurance checks in line with Ineos cost assurance process.
- Liaise with procurement team and vendors with regards to materials and services related to mechanical construction projects.
- Creation of fabrication drawings for engineering sign off would be advantageous.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years + post formal mechanical apprenticeship
- Detailed knowledge of piping and fabrication standards
- Experience of working on hydrocarbon systems in an oil and gas environment
- Experience of creation of fabrication drawings
- Fully conversant with Control of Work processes and tools
- Capable of interpreting detailed P&ID/PFD/isometric drawings.
- Detailed knowledge of work completions processes.
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Familiar with Management of Change processes.
- Hands on user of electronic Work Management systems (Maximo/SAP)
- Advanced ability to communicate, coach and organise third party vendors/contractors to enable safe and on-time delivery of assigned work scopes.
How to Apply
Interested? Please apply and upload your CV