Petroineos Refining and Trading is one of the largest independent refiners trading in Europe. Our two advantaged refineries process 420,000 barrels of crude oil per day and produce in the region of 19 million tonnes of fuels per annum. Our refineries are strategically located at Grangemouth in Scotland and at Lavéra in France and are both fully integrated with co-sited petrochemical plants.
Grangemouth, home to Scotland’s only crude oil refinery, is directly connected to the Forties Pipeline System in the North Sea. It also imports other crudes from around the world via our deep sea terminal at Finnart, on the west coast of Scotland.
Having committed to a significant investment and remediation program over the next few years, we require a Cost Assurance Specialist to join our Engineering Team at our Grangemouth site.
The Cost Assurance Specialist will be responsible for providing full assurance to the Refinery business that costs reconcile with agreed specifications and with completed work. Will be responsible for expenditure across all of its Term Contract and Project work, equating to a total annual spend of over GBP 20M. The role will ensure that this is done in complete accord with the intent of each of the governing Contracts, ranging in value from GBP tens of thousands to 15M, and supporting this through the robust auditing of these Contracts. The role will also include a transactional administration function, where through the careful and accurate management of the monthly submission-valuation-receipting-payment cycle to each Service supplier, the Refinery will ensure that these are paid in a timely fashion and within contractual terms & conditions.
- Ensure that the commercial management of multiple Contractors and their associated Contracts is carried out fairly and to the highest ethical standards, whilst at all times protecting the Business commercial/contractual position and enhancing its reputation.
- Carefully manage the commercial relationship with each Contractor, to ensure timely resolution of any variation, in order to maintain good commercial relationships with all Service suppliers
- Interrogate, analyse, manipulate and report complex spend data for the whole Refinery, to ensure good value is achieved for each Contract.
- Produce timely Value-Of-Work-Done and forecasting updates, including the preparation of monthly and year-end accruals
- Control/approve interim payments to multiple Contractors.
- Make recommendations regarding contractual disputes, in particular for any claims and contentious variations, to ensure that the Business only pays what it is due.
- Lead audits of works completed, to ensure the business is only paying for work done and in accordance with Contract terms & conditions.
- Manage all Contract Variations in line with contractual terms ensuring they are clearly documented and agreed by all parties, and communicated appropriately.
- Liaise and interface closely with other Refinery teams, in particular; Maintenance, Finance and Accounts, and Procurement Teams.
The successful candidate will have:
Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar. Miinimum of 5 years experience in contract administration within a large complex oil and gas refining environment with a proven track record of administering complex and high value contracts.
Experience of working with a variety of Contract styles and arrangements.
Commercial awareness with strong negotiating and influencing skills.
Proven ability to prepare detailed spend reports and present complex data in easy-to-understand manner.
An essential requirement of this role is proven experience (to Expert User level) of Maximo, SAP and MS Excel, preferably within an oil and gas and/or refining business environment. Experience in the use of Maximo Business Objects is preferable but not essential.
Closing Date : 18/08/16. Should we receive a high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy before the close date. Please apply as soon as possible if you wish to be considered.
Please apply and submit your CV
Internal INEOS Candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager