Cost Engineer - Permenant
Competitive Salary + Generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan
The Forties Pipeline System (FPS) is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system. We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated Cost Engineer, based in Falkirk, at our Callendar Business Park office. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Cost Engineer to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Provide cost control and reporting for FPS by evaluating and challenging spend for Projects, Turnarounds and Fixed Cost Budgets, to ensure costs are managed within budgets and spend is accurately profiled and forecast over the term of the project or workscope.
- Analyse estimates and forecast costs to ensure they are accurate and will be maintained within the target cost or lump sum depending on contract strategy.
- Support each asset to develop and analyse budgets, phasing and fixed cost estimates, for budget spend to provide each asset with accurate forecasting.
- Maintain detailed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for assets and interface with planning teams to ensure that cost and schedule progress are monitored.
- Verify actual spend and Value Of Work Done (VOWD) figures through consultation with various sub-contractors and interrogating relevant systems to ensure accurate monthly and year end results.
- Collate and analyse asset commitments to ensure they remain within sanction and are accurately reported.
- Create and progress project change orders, ensuring that the cost report correctly reflects the type and amount of change and is fully auditable for verifying changes in actual versus forecast cost.
- Assist Purchasing with the validation of Variation Requests from 3rd parties and audits and with any claims that may arise.
- Ensure efficient and timely close out of all projects and workscopes.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Appropriate Quantity Surveying/Cost Engineering qualification beneficial
- Experience in Cost Engineering
- Familiarity with Maximo/SAP systems desirable
- Advanced excel skills along with the ability to efficiently manipulate and organise systems to obtain required data
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve targets and objectives within deadlines.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications at all levels in the organisation
Please apply by uploading your CV through this advert.
Internal INEOS Candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager.