Petroineos Refining and Trading is one of the largest independent refiners trading in Europe. Our two advantaged refineries process 420,000 barrels of crude oil per day and produce in the region of 19 million tonnes of fuels per annum. Our refineries are strategically located at Grangemouth in Scotland and at Lavéra in France and are both fully integrated with co-sited petrochemical plants.
Grangemouth, home to Scotland’s only crude oil refinery, is directly connected to the Forties Pipeline System in the North Sea. It also imports other crudes from around the world via our deep sea terminal at Finnart, on the west coast of Scotland.
Having committed to a significant investment and remediation program over the next few years, we require a Cost Estimator to join our Engineering Team at our Grangemouth site.
The Cost Estimator will be responsible for providing various classes of cost estimates for each project and turnaround (TAR) stage for all Capital and Exceptional maintenance in the refinery consisting of one manufacturing site and 3 fuel terminals.
- Prepare 'Total Installed Cost’ estimates to various levels of accuracy (Order of Magnitude, Class III, II & I) from appropriate Study/Design multi-disciplined deliverables produced by appointed engineering services design contractors to enable decisions to be made, sanction values to be requested and budgets to be set.
- Collect, analyse and review data relevant to schemes proposed by the Asset Engineers/Development Engineers/Project Managers and compile O.O.M. (Order of Magnitude) estimates for inclusion in asset business plans.
- Establish with Project/TAR Manager/Lead Engineer, the outline WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) to ensure estimates are prepared to reflect anticipated project implementation and programme.
- Using a combination of appropriate tools (eg Risk, Brisk), Estimate Review Meetings and estimating experience to recommend levels of development and contingency allowances in order to provide necessary confidence levels relevant to the accuracy of estimates being generated.
- Review and benchmark man-hour estimates prepared by in-house design contractors to ensure correct proportion of engineering design, management and services costs are allocated to an estimate.
- Provide specialist advice and input as required during tender evaluation to challenge when necessary the basis of contractor estimates in order to ensure realistic contractor cost estimates.
- Provide estimating checks for Project/TAR Managers/Lead Engineers on sub-contract quotes for additional works/site variations and compile and provide estimates of changes to project scope leading to revised estimates as required.
- Monitor current market conditions/rates and anticipate market fluctuations, develop and maintain estimating data and historical information upon which future project cost estimates can be based.
- Lead the Continuous Improvement process by establishing, agreeing and implementing changes in estimating techniques and practices, adding value to the service provided in order to gain competitive advantage for the businesses.
- Review and endorse estimates prepared by onsite construction contractors to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Provide ad-hoc estimating expertise for all Capex, EM and miscellaneous maintenance works at the Grangemouth Refinery to meet business demand.
- Develop and implement Estimating procedures and practices at the PIMSL Grangemouth Refinery to ensure delivery of a quality service.
- Analyse Project out-turn costs versus estimate to assess trends and highlight areas for improvement.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Quanitity Surveying or similar qualification with a minimum of 5 years experience in an estimator role within the oil & gas industry.
- Proven skills in the use of estimating systems to produce cost estimates for projects and turnarounds (TARs).
- The ability to work proactively to gather and assess quality of estimate information.
- Strong knowledge of estimating practices within a Project and TAR environment to a high standard.
- Ability to use, manipulate and organise systems.
- Good communication skills to interface and provide a service to many different Managers, Leaders and Businesses
Closing Date : 18/08/16. Should we receive a high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy before the close date. Please apply as soon as possible if you wish to be considered.
Please apply and submit your CV
Internal INEOS Candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager