DCS Project Engineer
PAYE contract role
Are you IN?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, INEOS’ largest manufacturing asset. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a DCS Project Engineer with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Principle Accountabilities of the role:
- Develop and deliver execution strategies for individual projects to meet the business cost, schedule, HSE and quality expectations.
- Ensure that a robust scope, cost estimate & schedule is prepared for every project prior to full sanction in order to deliver efficient, predictable costs and schedules to the business.
- Lead, direct and control project teams to ensure that business goals for cost, schedule, HSE, quality and operability are achieved.
- Establish and implement project controls in order to monitor project progress, provide appropriate management information and intervene as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise for Peer Reviews & other project improvement practices across the Complex to ensure project scope and detail meets availability/HSE business requirements.
- Provide the initial and co-ordinating interface to Studies & Projects teams to ensure appropriate engagement of Automation expertise in projects, thereby ensuring correct definition and delivery of projects to the Ineos businesses
- Provide construction and commissioning services to Automation projects cost effectively with Grangemouth projects
- Monitor and maintain existing control/automation systems so that they continue to deliver safe, reliable and optimal plant operation for each supported Ineos and 3rd party (Fortum) business on site.
Qualifications, knowledge and skills:
- Strong bias for pro-active action
- Proven project management skills
- Good understanding of Business context and role of process automation in delivering Business performance improvement.
- Good interpersonal / communication / influencing skills when leading a multi-disciplined team.
- Plan and prioritise specialist project demand from the Asset to achieve agreed work programme.
- Interface with 3rd party design contractors and vendors.
- May be part of the DCS On call rota dependant on skill set and experience.
This role is subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Please apply and submit your CV