Draughtsperson - Contract
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now have an excellent opportunity to join the factory drawing office within the projects team as a Draughtsperson working on multi-discipline projects, minor plant mods and engineering and technical updates from across site.
This is an interesting role with a variety of work The right applicant will have relevant experience and qualifications with high working standards, to play a key role in the delivery and growth of the team.
- To maintain the sites master drawings following Project and Asset led changes across site
- To own and develop site drawing format and standards
- Source of expertise for CAD
- Covers 5 Assets across site
- Update the master drawings for 20-30 projects per year
- Several 1000 drawings per year
- Liaise with designers and asset engineers to allocate tag, equipment and drawing numbers and update the relevant databases / systems
- Ensure all master drawings are formatted, layered and created in line with company and international standards
- Update master drawings following the delivery of a project or minor plant mod in line with 3rd party engineering dossiers or plant mods. This includes update of unspecified but related drawings
- Interacting with Designers, Project Managers, Engineers, Operations and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into drawing packages
- As required re-layout master drawings to ensure legibility
- Auto CAD expert with experience of using document management systems and maintenance databases
- Maintain, support and operate associated plotters and printers, providing and adhoc search and print service
- Support delivery of projects by preparing man hour estimates for and planning drawing work
- Produce Monthly KPI’s to measure progress, analyse patterns over time and make adjustments to stay on track and/or tackle opportunities.
- At peak times liaise with and manage interface to 3rd party alliance designer for supplementary draughting resources
- Support the development of company standards for drawings
- Support the maintenance and development of CAD environment for site
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- HNC / NVQ level 3 in a relevant discipline or equivalent work place experience
- Completed an accredited autocad course or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of client deliverables and familiar with design deliverables
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Proficient in using Microsoft standard packages, document management systems and maintenance databases to a good level
- Ability to develop to fill competency gaps
- Demonstrates professionalism in line with company policies
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply