Electrical Engineer (Projects) - Contract
Agency Position (18 months)
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Ineos has committed to significant investment in FPS to ensure safe and reliable operations to 2040+. This investment includes two strategic projects, Replacement Ground Flares and a New Compression Train.
Reporting to the new compression train project manager, the post holder will provide electrical engineering support to assigned project activities ensuring technical compliance to FPS standards.
· Provide electrical engineering discipline support to assigned project activity.
· Agree electrical engineering standards and specifications to be utilised within the project.
· Review contractor engineering and detailed designs to ensure compliance with project objectives and specifications
· Participate in technical bid evaluations for proposed electrical vendors and contractors
· Evaluate any proposed project deviations and agree with the relevant Technical Authority
· Job Responsible Engineer for project electrical modifications to existing Asset using Management of Change (MOC) process
· Establish and sustain effective working relationships with all project stakeholders, asset team and contract teams so that all project objectives are met.
· Ability to interface effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to prioritise own work to ensure key milestones are met
· Experience of working within a multi-discipline team across all phases of project activity
· Good decision making skills within area of expertise
· Can assess and manage project risk and work to put effective mitigation plans in place
· Understanding of Management of Change processes and associated documentation
Qualifications and Technical Experience
· Degree qualified electrical engineer with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in Oil & Gas, Refining or Chemical industries
· Chartered Engineer or actively working to achieve Chartered status
· Knowledge and experience of electrical equipment used in explosive atmospheres and in relevant legislation such as ATEX and DSEAR.
· Understanding of project processes and experience of taking electrical engineering designs through to installation and commissioning.
· Knowledge and experience of the design, operation, commissioning and maintenance of HV (up to 11kV) and LV industrial power systems and plant equipment.
· Comprehensive understanding and applied knowledge of relevant UK Regulatory and industry standards
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply anf submit their CV