Emergency response Specialist
18 month - 2 years
Grangemouth / Aberdeen
The Forties Pipeline System (FPS) is an oil and gas transportation and processing system owned and operated by INEOS. The system utilises a network of sea and land pipelines to transport crude oil, associated gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) from more than 80 offshore fields and the St Fergus gas terminals for processing at the Kinneil Terminal in Grangemouth.
At Kinneil the oil and gas are separated, with the oil returned to customers as Forties Blend at Hound Point or passed to the Petroineos refinery at Grangemouth for further processing. Gas and gas-products are transferred to the FPS Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) export facility or supplied to the adjacent INEOS petrochemical plant.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, the post holder will transform the existing emergency management provision to a state where residual risks can be demonstrated to be as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure alignment of emergency response philosophies and procedures between the Company operating assets, large scale maintenance activities and projects to ensure consistent adherence to policy;
- Finalise Emergency Management practice as the top level document which describes the overall approach to ensuring residual risks are ALARP;
- Develop emergency response and preparedness procedures (including ERPs), exercises and emergency response planning activities to ensure adherence to the Company emergency management principles,
- Develop detailed oil spill response plans for INEOS FPS facilities, including oil spill waste management plans;
- Carry out current state assessment and develop and implement effective business continuity plans to reduce the possibility that operations will be interrupted in the event of any emergency;
- Provide emergency response expertise to support process safety engineering for COMAH and off shore Safety Case scenarios to ensure that adequate mitigation plans are in place to handle such scenarios.
- Provide contract and project management for delivery of third party assessments.
- Develop, agree and implement Security plans and standards, including specification of security and surveillance equipment, required competency of personnel with security duties, ensuring compliance with Government and Counter Terrorism Security requirements.
- Structured thinking based on robust risk-management principles;
- Extensive offshore and onshore facility oil spill response;
- Sound knowledge of emergency response bodies and associated legislative frameworks;
- Track record of working productively with diverse multi-disciplined teams including emergency response regulatory authorities;
- Travel between Falkirk and Aberdeen and the ability to work offshore will be required occasionally.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Environment studies or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in risk or crisis management, oil spill response, emergency response and security in the oil and gas industry including offshore and onshore operations.
- Operational experience within oil & gas industry.
- Sound understanding of risk and barrier management with respect to emergency preparedness and security.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply