Scope of Work title
6th June, 2022
To support O&P business to operate in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner to meet, or where practicable, exceed relevant legislative requirements in pursuit of SHE excellence, through the provision of coaching and advice to Asset Management and SHE Technical Authority.
The position will report to the Lead Environment Specialist and work closely with other SHE Team Members, and Asset Management.
Regulatory Interaction & Engagement
- Interface with Environmental regulatory bodies for all routine reporting requirements, supporting the Assets and SHE Advisors engage with Environmental regulatory bodies for all routine permit compliance requirements, escalating to the Lead Environmental Specialist where appropriate.
- Monitor compliance to the relevant environmental permits/licences/consents/authorisations from SEPA and other regulatory authorities, and provide expert advice to enable the O&P business to drive compliance and maintain its License to Operate.
- Provide competent advice and expertise on risk based regulatory principles such as BAT to enable informed decisions to be made relating to legislative requirements.
- Support the provision of a robust SHEMS (Environmental Focused) that defines INEOS Group, UK legislative requirements, and acknowledges industry best practice for environmental management.
- Provide assurance to the O&P Asset Leadership Team that all SHEMS (Environmental focused) and environmental permit/ licence/ consent/ authorisation requirements are being met to prevent non-compliances and regulator enforcement.
- Provide support to maintain accreditation to ISO 14001 by undertaking audits
- Responsible for timely completion of periodic emissions reporting requirements to INEOS Group / external bodies.
- Responsible for advising/ supporting Environmental studies and requirements relating to specific activities, enabling O&P license to operate requirements to be met.
- Support emergency preparedness specialists, technical teams, and SHE Advisors, undertake asset activities that are required to support delivery of environmental improvements within O&P.
Performance Management & Continuous Improvement
- Support the definition of appropriate Environmental KPI’s to enable benchmarking against industry best practice, bringing visibility to performance and gap closure activities.
- Perform independent Level 2 Assurance on relevant MS areas pertaining to Environment.
- Trained Environment Unit Lead to support Incident Management Teams as necessary
- Member of the Incident Management Team
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Relevant Environmental degree in Engineering, Science, SHE or equivalent, (Masters preferred).
- Chartered Membership of IEMA (Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment).
- 5 years’ experience in an Environmental Advisor, Manager or Specialist role, preferably within oil and gas industry.
- Strong interpersonal and influential skills with the ability to build relevant relationships and networks at all levels with the Ineos organisation.
- Confidently engage, influence and where necessary respectfully challenge regulators.
- Highly self-motivated and self-managing professional.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to react quickly and work to tight deadlines.
- Clear and logical thinker with an ability to work outside the core technical area.
- Training leadership teams in all areas of environmental management.
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Strong knowledge of environmental legislation and compliance requirements, and in particular:
- The concept of Best Available Techniques (BAT);
- The application of the relevant BAT Reference Documents through the Pollution Prevention and Control (Scotland) Regulations (PPC);
- The application of Cost Benefit Analysis techniques to determine environmental benefit versus investment;
- The monitoring and reporting requirements defined in the UK Emissions Trading Scheme legislation;
- The requirements for Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA);
- The management of waste in accordance with legal requirements;
- The principles of soil and groundwater risk management.
- Knowledge of oil spill response principles and techniques.
- Expertise in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV via ineosopportunities.co.uk