Do you enjoy working with numbers and spreadsheets? Are you keen on a career in Finance?
We're currently looking for Finance Assistant to join the European accounting team here at our site in Grangemouth. In this extremely varied role, where you’ll be working within one of the sub teams Treasury, Purchase Ledger or Financial Reporting, you’ll be relied upon to provide daily support to these crucial business functions.
You’ll demonstrate the ability to make decisions within designated guidelines and be able to work in a high pressure environment.
The role of Finance Assistant provides a great opportunity to gain experience in different areas of the finance function and provides a good base for future progression within the department.
In return for the above, we offer generous pay and benefits together with the opportunity for training and financial support for further education.
- Utilise scanning system to process purchase invoices and upload into the accounting system.
- Setting up ad-hoc payments (i.e. urgent supplier payments, office expenses) via BACs and online banking system.
- Supporting daily Treasury management for the businesses.
- Weekly cash forecasting.
- Undertaking supplier statement reconciliation as required.
- Raise sales invoices for miscellaneous services.
- Prepare and post journals into the accounting system.
- Preparation and posting of bank reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring variances and areas of risk are identified and actioned appropriately.
We’re looking for an individual who has;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- A willingness to learn and desire to develop and progress within the finance function.
- Educated to Degree/HND level in Accounting or Business Management or previous experience in similar role.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.