Finance Site Controller (Permanent)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
Petroineos Refining and Trading is one of the largest independent refiners trading in Europe. This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site; we are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Site Controller to lead our Finance Team at our Grangemouth site on a permanent basis.
The jobholder will play a leading role in the management of the Grangemouth Refinery business and will be one of the key decision makers. This person will be responsible for the accuracy of the financial reporting results and for ensuring the integrity of financial controls including the approval processes for operating expenses and capital expenditure. This post will be given a significant Delegation of Authority to make approval decisions on spending (costs and capex). In addition the Site Controller is responsible for managing treasury, accounts payable, custom and excise teams of the Grangemouth Refinery.
We are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) with a strong academic record and experience of managing and developing a high-performance finance function. The role will be responsible for driving performance across Petroineos Grangemouth site.
The candidate should have strong problem solving and project management experience with excellent IT and communication skills. It is essential that the candidate has risk management and effective relationship management skills, is able to work within an environment driven by tight schedules as well as the ability to develop a strong Finance team.
In addition, this role has overall responsibility for Refining financial reporting and is financial business partner to the board. This includes providing detailed analysis of business performance, making recommendations on ways to improve the business and providing insightful analysis for decision making by the operational Board of Petroineos and the Petroineos Executive Committee. Including routine reporting, strategic business case preparation and ad hoc requests from the Board.
The Key Accountabilities of the role are:
- Play a leading role in the management of the Grangemouth refinery as a member of the senior management team
- Raise the profile of the refinery finance team as one of the key decision makers
- Responsible for the accuracy of the results of the refinery and ensure robust financial controls are maintained.
- Play a key role in managing the costs and Capital Expenditure at the Refinery
- Ensure key policies on approvals for Operating Expenses and Capital Expenditure are robust and ensure compliance is monitored
- Along with team, take some responsibilities for the “Petroineos Group” (e.g. produce Exco report, organise Plan, etc.)
- Ownership for the production of monthly management accounts to a high standard ensuring all variances are correctly identified, accounted for and explained
- Oversee production of annual statutory reporting, audits and be the senior contact for auditors, tax and other advisors
- Generation and or review of complex transactions such as business commination’s, re-capitalisation or restructuring
- Supporting the business and the wider finance on understanding accounting requirement and processes
The successful candidate will have:
- In depth experience working as a Senior Finance Leader on a large complex industrial site
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- University Graduate
- Excellent finance and accounting skills, knowledge of UK tax, pension, local business rates and regulations
- Ability to understand challenging concepts and provide solutions to complex problems
- Strong people management, influencing and persuasion skills
- Proven experience in driving change in large, complex organisations
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Please apply and submit your CV
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager