Project Area Authority - Contract
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth
Reporting to the Operations Team Leader (Control of Work), the post holder will be accountable for the management of the Control of Work process for agreed project work scopes within the designated operations areas of the Terminal.
The Area Authority (AA) role is central to the site Control of Work process and is responsible for the management and control of all tasks. The AA is accountable for task hazard identification and risk control measures associated with work performed in their area of responsibility. The AA is a leadership position, setting the standard in CoW on the site.
The AA will behave in a professional and respectful manner. They will follow the policies and procedures that apply to INEOS FPS and personally ensure that all on site and any direct reports understand these expectations and follow them. Along with the rest of the team there will be a relentless focus on process safety and integrity management and the AA will ensure that any incident or near miss is quickly reported to allow an assessment of the need to perform an investigation.
- Accountable for control measures that manage risk in their area of responsibility.
- Monitoring worksite at agreed frequency as defined in the TRA.
- Visit worksite with PA to prepare TRA.
- Requests and participates in level 2 TRA.
- Records jobs that are stopped because of breach of rules or safety principles.
- Authorises Permits in TRA level 1 and releases to PA.
- Works with planning and scheduling departments to provide guidance on work requests.
- Apply the planning and scheduling requirements of the control of work process.
- Attends daily and weekly planning and SIMOPS meetings.
- Executes all responsibilities set out in control of work standard.
- Stops any work that does not conform to the standard or permit conditions.
- Captures lessons learned.
- Active participation in site self-verification system.
- Develop the permit to work and any required CoW supplementary certificates with the Performing Authority (PA) during the task planning stage.
- Authorise Isolation Confirmation Certificates (ICCs) and confirmation of energy isolations integrity prior to issue of permit to work
qualifications and technical experience
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience in oil and/or gas plant operations, together with a proven track record in a Control of Work position
- Significant experience in front-line operational or Control of Work roles.
- Detailed knowledge and conversant in key operational, maintenance and COW procedures (e.g. Ground disturbance procedure, lifting practices and procedures)
- Demonstration of effective communication abilities across differing levels in the organization will be required
- Experienced in isolations.
- Experience in scaffolding, insulation, painting and inspection activities preferred
- Strong safety leadership abilities
- Proven track record of Continuous Improvement skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated and prepared to work flexibly in a changing environment
- Commitment to excellent SHE performance and zero tolerance for unsafe conditions/ behaviours
how to apply
Please register and submit your application via INEOS Opportunities https://www.ineosopportunities.co.uk/
Please note applications not received via this method cannot be considered for interview.