I/E Craft Team Leader
O&P UK Grangemouth
- Lead and line-manage the electrical, instrument, electrical and Shift IE craft team ensuring that adequate competent resources are available on the Asset to deliver safe, effective and productive repair and maintenance of electrical/instrument plant and equipment on the Asset.
- Execute/Deliver the planned and corrective maintenance plan(s) to the appropriate standards to achieve asset targets for SHE, costs, availability, reliability, integrity and quality.
- The post-holder is a member of the company’s management team and is accountable for the performance of the team.
- Accountable for providing effective performance management ensuring safe and effective asset maintenance is achieved to the required quality by competent personnel within their team.
- Accountable for driving safety, housekeeping, compliance and handover standards for their team.
- Accountable for the management and resolution of operational/technical/behavioural issues affecting the efficient and safe delivery of the asset maintenance plan.
- Generate and uphold a positive culture within their team by leading by example, proactively supporting other members of the management team and reinforcing the key Ineos 20 Principles and Group Life Saving rules.
- Prepare and deliver effective team briefings covering all aspects of : team and business SHE performance; team and individual competency and behaviour; adherence to site standards and Procedures and ensuring all team members understand their role in delivering the business plan.
- Manage team competency ensuring all skills required are available in the team with training and competence plans up to date.
- Identify opportunities and where appropriate take ownership for improvement in procedures and systems to ensure continuous improvement in asset maintenance operations.
- Drive the execution of the daily and weekly asset schedule, ensuring productive working through the appropriate allocation of tasks and fall-back work this includes proactive monitoring and support of 3rd Party work being delivered on the asset.
- Identify and facilitate removal of barriers to the delivery of the Asset Maintenance Plan (e.g. lack of permits, spares, scaffolding, etc.)
- Be familiar with O&P and asset rules, procedures and standards and ensure compliance with these in the team’s activities.
- Organise all necessary resources to execute schedule breaker ( RIME 1/ 2) maintenance activities
- Ensure accurate completion of maintenance reports (and WON work history) to guarantee an auditable and complete history of plant equipment.
- Recommend updates to master records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Update of Ineos daily schedule to ensure up-to-date progress is recorded and subsequent plans are accurate.
- Assess and order routine materials including stock items and purchase requisitions to enable equipment repair to meet reliability and availability targets.
- This role is viewed as being a key change agent driving a new approach to operations and delivery within the business whilst coping with a legacy of change and disruption, in the sustaining and growth phase of the business strategy.
- The role will be expected to support the delivery of TARs, special planned/unplanned events and key business management meetings out with their normal work pattern.
- May require to lend resource to support other O&P assets in times of particular need
- Deliver suitable technical and behavioural training to Craft Apprentices to develop apprentices into skilled craft technicians.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- A time served maintenance background with good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead and supervise a maintenance team and provide a positive, proactive approach.
- The post-holder must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in the use of certain computer systems (Maximo, e-mail, MS Word/Excel etc)
- Familiar with O&P’s and Asset specific rules, procedures and standards
- Able to network and influence effectively
- A strong bias for action, continuous improvement and providing significant drive/motivation.
- HNC and NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor individuals to develop appropriate skills attitudes and behaviours
Please submit your CV to be considered.
Internal applicants should speak to their Line manager.