Day Availability Supervisor (EI), Grangemouth (permanent)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
This role is within the Engineering Maintenance Team, and is responsible for
The key accountabilities of the role are:
Providing technical support, direction, guidance, coaching, communicating, managing and driving the performance of the craft technician teams within the manufacturing areas.
Drive priority schedule breaking maintenance activities within the manufacturing areas.
Take ownership for delivery of the Asset Maintenance Plan incorporating both PM and CEB works.
Responsible for maintaining safe behaviours, identifying and eliminating causes of unsafe acts, effective resource management and cost efficiency.
- Provide leadership, motivation, direction, technical assistance and development to a team of skilled craftsmen and assistants, enabling the plant to be maintained safely and efficiently ensuring that maintenance standards and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Manage personnel requirements including team communication, counselling, discipline, PPE and facilities, training plans and competency assessment for skilled craftsmen, assistants and apprentices, ensuring that adequate trained resources are available to carry out the work.
- Monitor/control via the Computerised Maintenance Management System, work requests, stores requisitions, overtime, job progress reports, costs, equipment history, technical data and spares, in order to facilitate the safe, smooth operation of the maintenance and planning systems.
- Update all appropriate records, drawings, files and EDMS systems as required.
- Conduct group meetings and to participate in ASAs, permit audits, housekeeping tours, accident investigations, task analysis, COSHH, HAZOP Studies, safety reviews, and SIL reviews as well as monitoring safe systems of work.
- Participate in the planning process in which asset priorities and plans are formulated for all routine, special, overhaul, PMs and inspection work. Provide estimates and job plans and organise preparatory work such as material procurement, service and contractor labour, permit-to-work applications in order to avoid delays in the work plan.
- Implementation of and compliance with HSE standards including Control of Work, Tr@ction, LOLER, PUWER, Manual Handling, COSHH, risk assessments and site procedures.
- Assess routine material, spares and service requirements and to raise purchase requisitions, directly consulting catalogues, manufacturers, suppliers and Innovene purchasing staff as necessary.
- Coach and develop the individual and team skills to enable execution of routine maintenance activities by the team with minimal support.
- Execute and lead set-pieces of work including slow-downs, TARs, etc.
- Manage the performance and personal development of all members of the team including 1-to-1s and annual appraisals.
- Ensure craft productivity levels are achieved with minimal unproductive time.
- Ensure Job Reporting is completed to enable equipment reliability analysis.
- Lead the initial failure or re-work investigations.
- Provide support to planned and unplanned plant outages.
The successful candidate will have:
A time served maintenance background with good communication and organisational skills with an ability to lead and supervise a maintenance team and provide a positive, proactive approach.
The postholder must be flexible, have the ability to work under pressure, be proficient in computer systems, be able to network effectively with a strong bias for action towards continuous improvement and provide significant drive where required.
- HNC and NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK due to the short term nature of this role
Should this job be of interest please upload you CV and apply
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager