I/E Technician O&P UK- Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan
ARE YOU IN?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, INEOS’ largest manufacturing asset. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require an E/I Technician with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
- You will be joining a team that maintains manufacturing assets within the Olefins and Polymers business. The assets provide a continuous uninterrupted year round service ensuring products are imported and exported from our site. You will Install, maintain, repair and assist in the integrity of all Instrument and electrical equipment to achieve a safe working environment, which is highly reliable and cost efficient.
- Execute allocated tasks to completion, to the required quality, working safely and efficiently to ensure the task is finished promptly. As well as applying all relevant technical standards and techniques
- Investigate/examine faulty equipment as directed in order to accurately ascertain the root cause of faults, identify/implement repairs and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Accurately record all work carried out to provide future personnel with an accurate history of work carried out, plant condition when last inspected
- Carry out isolation and de-isolation of electrical equipment, complying with the appropriate site standard to allow work on equipment to completed safely.
Above all observe/apply all health and safety rules, procedures, standards and behaviours at all times (e.g. Control of Work, COSHH, Manual Handling, Risk assessments, LOLER & PUWER etc. including the raising and follow-up of any issues/actions as appropriate)
Qualification, Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant experience in a similar manufacturing environment with, preferably experience of high voltage motors and their protection.
- A relevant technical qualification, at SVQ level 3 / Higher National Certificate
- Experience in the use of electrical test equipment
- Proficient in interpreting electrical drawings and in the use of certain computer systems
- High problem solving skills and willing to learn and share their experience/knowledge with others
- Preferably Compex trained
Interested? Please apply and upload your CV