INEOS Oil & Gas UK Integrity Engineer
Organisational Context and Job Purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises of 30 businesses, spanning across 168 sites and 26 countries throughout the world. Our key values include excellence in safety, health and environmental performance; Encouragement of innovation, entrepreneurship and reward for achievement; and empowering employees to create real value.
INEOS Oil & Gas UK (“IOG UK”) is a fully integrated exploration and production company focused on upstream operations in the Southern North Sea (“SNS”) and West of Shetland. IOG UK also manages INEOS’ onshore shale and upstream services businesses. Our business purpose is the responsible, reliable, long-term extraction of natural gas and our strengths include our know-how, extensive geological and technological experience and our commitment to research and development.
We are looking for an experienced Integrity Engineer to provide operating integrity support for two SNS gas production platforms that are operated on a scheduled intervention basis. The successful candidate will be experienced in offshore gas platform operation and maintenance and ideally with the challenges of operating normally unattended SNS gas platforms on a rotation basis.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Manage the integrity of INEOS’ operated platforms and pipelines by promoting safe and cost-effective inspection and maintenance standards, implemented through the Company’s maintenance management system
- Provide technical integrity and maintenance support to the planning engineers, operations engineers and operations manager.
- Responsible for implementing and developing the company’s Asset Integrity Management policy and associated inspection and maintenance regimes to meet KPIs
- Monitor, audit and review third party inspection contracts and ensure all third-party reporting is assessed, reviewed and captured within the maintenance management system
- Review, maintain and develop maintenance and inspection procedures and plans, liaising with the planning engineers, operations engineers and operations manager
- Form part of the Asset team as required and assist with operations and project engineering as work scopes dictate.
- Complete Technical Authority (TA) assessment and fulfil responsibilities as required
- Manage and develop existing risk-based inspection methods and procedures, review time-based inspection frequency in the light of asset performance and correctives
- Effectively manage risks, with primary focus on the prevention of Major Accident Hazards offshore.
- Provide integrity input to asset management reports, record and manage anomalies, maintain and develop the anomaly management process
- Prepare and approve inspection work packs for use in house and by third parties
- Participate in maintenance and inspection planning and prioritisation, including allocation of the resources, equipment and materials
- Prepare annual integrity reports for each asset and carry out assurance reviews of asset performance standards
- Participate in the development of preventive maintenance and inspection schemes for existing and new field developments
- Liaise with inspection contractors, technical authorities, platform staff, IVB personnel and other members of the operations team
- Visit offshore platforms in support of the above as and when required
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Undergraduate degree in relevant Engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status and registered with the Engineering Council
- Good understanding of offshore gas production platform process and utility systems, their operation and maintenance and potential failure mechanisms
- Familiarity with offshore maintenance management systems, integrity inspection techniques and procedures, material selection and corrosion considerations
- Understanding of current UK offshore legislation with particular reference to SCR and PFEER, safety and environmental critical elements, performance standards and independent verification.
- Current offshore safety and survival and offshore medical certificates
- Results orientated, conscientious with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong commercial awareness
- Solutions focused with the ability to implement improvements and efficiencies where appropriate
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV.