Instrument and Protective Systems Engineer
Antonine House, Falkirk
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Reporting to the I,PS & E Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for providing specialist engineering, safety and technical support to the asset teams in matters relating to all manners of field instrumentation and protective systems including:
• Address day to day discipline operations support issues related to SIS, F&G, bad actors etc, through daily Ops meeting and asset team
• Management of local instrument and SIS spares, and health care provision.
• Provide input to remaining life determination and extension, obsolescence studies and asset life strategies.
• Day to day management and continuous improvement of the SIS LoPs across the area / asset by reviewing associated KPI data e.g. overrides/bypasses, overdue proof testing, SIS demands, failure data, etc and coordinating any necessary changes due to actual field performance.
• Implement/manage minor I&PS modifications, and provide technical review, through the management of change system.
• SIS Lifecycle management to IEC 61508/61511 — ensure all roles/responsibilities are covered and ensure that requirements are being met to maintain SIS integrity.
• Provide input and support to Projects and TARs.
• Development and implementation of improvement proposals in the area of asset and maintenance management
• Define technical specifications for requisitions in the context of equipment modifications and replacements.
• Providing technical support in trouble shooting and emergency situations.
• As a specialist, provide training and education to the Technician and Operator population.
• Develop and maintain the required functional safety documentation as defined in IEC61511
• Fault finding and optimisation of compressor control systems.
• Commissioning, modification and fault analysis of Honeywell Safety Manager or Triconex V10 Safety Systems.
• Risk assessment and asset management relating to the safe operation of equipment
• SIL verification reliability through use of modelling software (e.g. TRAC, exSILentia, ISOGRAPH)
• Requires an extensive knowledge of field instrumentation spanning pneumatic instrumentation to current day technology.
• Participation in HAZOP and LOPA workshops and review of output.
• Knowledge of the functional safety lifecycle.
• Commissioning, modification and fault analysis of package PLC systems including Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi
• Knowledge of machinery protection systems including Bently Nevada
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
• Hold an engineering degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent subject.
• TUV FSE (SIS) Certification
• At least 5 years of technical experience in a technical role (discipline engineering, maintenance management) in Oil and Gas Upstream, Midstream or Downstream environments.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable international safety standards
• Experienced in the coaching, influencing and development of professional engineers.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Please submit your CV to be considered for this role