Instrument Technician - competitive salary and benefits
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the post holder is responsible for performing preventative, breakdown and shutdown maintenance on all instrumentation/control equipment within the INEOS FPS assets.
- Detailed job planning for all maintenance and repair of instrumentation and control system activities.
- To perform preventive, corrective and diagnostic maintenance on the process field instrumentation and control loops.
- To troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and test various types of DCS process control instruments, relay logic, PLC and Safety Instrumented systems, inclusive of pneumatic, electrical and electronic instruments.
- To remove, dismantle, overhaul/repair and install electric, pneumatic, electronic or hydraulic instrumentation such as control valves and actuators, recorders, measuring and recording instruments in the field or in the workshop.
- To perform preventive and emergency maintenance on all equipment on site, as well as during machine scheduled or unscheduled shutdowns.
- To assist other sections such as electrical, mechanical and workshop in the repair and troubleshooting of their instrument and electronic related systems and test equipment.
- To perform upgrade and retrofitting of new control instruments to the existing panels in the field and main control room.
- To comply with all company Health, Safety and Environment as well as Work Permit, policies and procedures.
- To input data into CMMS (Maximo) maintenance system, such as work order activities, materials and spares, failure reports and manpower statistics.
- To perform preventive and emergency maintenance of all safety, fire and gas equipment such as gas monitors, smoke detectors and heat detectors etc.
- To install, calibrate, test and fault find on Bentley Nevada Plant vibration monitoring and shutdown systems.
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- HND Instrumentation and Control
- Minimum 5 years experience within Petrochemical/oil and gas
- EWR training
- Electrical Safety Rules
- Knowledge of Maximo
- Positive attitude, self-confident, independent and ability to work on own initiative.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply