IT Project Manager
Temporary Position (12-month period)
Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Project Manager with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
To manage and deliver a portfolio of IT Project activities for the IT Applications support team. To work closely with other members of the IT Team and key business contacts to ensure that IT Applications project activities are delivered on time, within budget and meet the stated business requirements.
- Create and maintain regular KPI reporting metrics for IT Application Team project activities. Provision of information for business sponsors, IT Management Team and business Leadership Teams
- Engaging with key business contacts to ensure project business justification has been documented and the necessary approvals are provided
- To act as the single point of contact for new and existing IT Application Team project activities
- Documenting and managing any project exceptions to ensure that overall delivery is not impacted. Highlighting any significant issues to the Application Manager where appropriate
- Providing technical input & support for small, medium & large sized projects tasks to ensure they a have a technically robust project plan (Including resourcing estimates) utilising the most appropriate technology to meet both the immediate and longer-term business needs.
- Regular review of all project activities, risks and issues to ensure that they are on target, updating project exceptions log, action log and project ticket status
- Ensuring that all projects follow IT change management processes
- Ensuring that all projects follow Handover to Support process and relevant support documentation is updated (HOTS)
- Assist in delivering applications IT Strategy in alignment the INEOS FPS, Petroineos & O&P UK roadmaps to achieve business goals
- Candidate must have exceptional IT Project and Portfolio Management skills and some knowledge of application system development activities
- Role based at Grangemouth Mon-Fri, core business hours. There is no provision for home working
- Role is offered on a temporary basis for 12 months
- Knowledge Transfer will be provided from existing personnel
- No Visa applications will be considered in relation to this role
Qualifications & Experience
- Significant relevant technical IT Systems experience
- Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent project management qualifications
- Expert MS Project, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
- Good Knowledge of system development using Oracle and associated tools (e.g. Apex), SQL Server and associated tools (e.g. SSRS), website development technologies (e.g. VB.net)
- Working Knowledge of applications systems in use in the oil and gas industry.
- Interacting with Application Team Systems Engineers; Technical Leads & DBA to scope and manage project activities
- Engaging with wider IT Team regarding delivery of project tasks
- Engaging with business users to clarifying business requirements
- Engaging with other project managers to clarify tasks/resources assigned to IT Apps Team
- Speaking with software suppliers to resolve technical issues and communicating with end users to co-ordinate installs
- Written & spoken English language skills are essential
- Ability to handle multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously (written & verbal)
- Self-starter, with strong team-working, influencing, communication and other interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a bias for action
- Driven to attain goals and pursue excellence
- Agrees workload priority with line manager
- Meets timescales for project tasks
- Regularly reviews/updates project tickets in IT management system
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Participates in effective team interaction (including remotely based team members)
- Ensuring that IT support documentation is updated as part of HOTS process
- Making a contribution to team successes and actively supporting others
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV