Maintenance Team Leader
O&P UK Grangemouth
- Lead and line-manage the electrical, instrument and Shift IE craft team ensuring that adequate competent resources are available on the Asset to deliver safe, effective and productive repair and maintenance of electrical/instrument plant and equipment on the Asset.
- Execute/Deliver the planned and corrective maintenance plan(s) to the appropriate standards to achieve asset targets for SHE, costs, availability, reliability, integrity and quality.
- The post-holder is a member of the company’s management team and is accountable for the performance of the team.
- Accountable for providing effective performance management ensuring safe and effective asset maintenance is achieved to the required quality by competent personnel within their team.
- Accountable for driving safety, housekeeping, compliance and handover standards for their team.
- Accountable for the management and resolution of operational/technical/behavioural issues affecting the efficient and safe delivery of the asset maintenance plan.
- Generate and uphold a positive culture within their team by leading by example, proactively supporting other members of the management team and reinforcing the key Ineos 20 Principles and Group Life Saving rules.
- Prepare and deliver effective team briefings covering all aspects of : team and business SHE performance; team and individual competency and behaviour; adherence to site standards and Procedures and ensuring all team members understand their role in delivering the business plan.
- Manage team competency ensuring all skills required are available in the team with training and competence plans up to date.
- Identify opportunities and where appropriate take ownership for improvement in procedures and systems to ensure continuous improvement in asset maintenance operations.
- Drive the execution of the daily and weekly asset schedule, ensuring productive working through the appropriate allocation of tasks and fall-back work this includes proactive monitoring and support of 3rd Party work being delivered on the asset.
- Identify and facilitate removal of barriers to the delivery of the Asset Maintenance Plan (e.g. lack of permits, spares, scaffolding, etc.)
- Be familiar with O&P and asset rules, procedures and standards and ensure compliance with these in the team’s activities.
- Organise all necessary resources to execute schedule breaker ( RIME 1/ 2) maintenance activities
- Ensure accurate completion of maintenance reports (and WON work history) to guarantee an auditable and complete history of plant equipment.
- Recommend updates to master records to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Update of Ineos daily schedule to ensure up-to-date progress is recorded and subsequent plans are accurate.
- Assess and order routine materials including stock items and purchase requisitions to enable equipment repair to meet reliability and availability targets.
- This role is viewed as being a key change agent driving a new approach to operations and delivery within the business whilst coping with a legacy of change and disruption, in the sustaining and growth phase of the business strategy.
- The role will be expected to support the delivery of TARs, special planned/unplanned events and key business management meetings out with their normal work pattern.
- May require to lend resource to support other O&P assets in times of particular need
- Deliver suitable technical and behavioural training to Craft Apprentices to develop apprentices into skilled craft technicians.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- A time served maintenance background with good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead and supervise a maintenance team and provide a positive, proactive approach.
- The post-holder must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure
- Proficient in the use of certain computer systems (Maximo, e-mail, MS Word/Excel etc)
- Familiar with O&P’s and Asset specific rules, procedures and standards
- Able to network and influence effectively
- A strong bias for action, continuous improvement and providing significant drive/motivation.
- HNC and NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor individuals to develop appropriate skills attitudes and behaviours
Please submit your CV to be considered.
Internal applicants should speak to their Line manager.