Materials and Corrosion Engineer
O&P Grangemouth (Permanent Position)
Competitive salary and generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan.
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant continued investment in Grangemouth, we now require a Materials and Corrosion Engineer with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Grangemouth O&P is a top tier COMAH site with two large ethylene crackers and several other major petrochemicals processes.
The Materials and Corrosion Engineer will join the Site Integrity Team to support Asset, TAR and Projects businesses in delivering legal compliance and achieving INEOS business goals.
As a key member of the Integrity Team, you will be Subject Mater Expert (SME) concentrating on the inspection, assessment, investigation and enforcement of integrity issues relating to corrosion, materials and coatings on all systems and plant on-site
Principle Accountabilities / Experience for the Role:
Qualified to degree level in Mechanical Engineering/Materials and preferably Chartered, you will set and sustain engineering and inspection standards for materials and corrosion technology; advocate good practice, coach engineers across the site and deliver critical judgements on the materials integrity and fitness for purpose.
Deep knowledge of materials, their specification and manufacture, welding techniques, coatings, insulation and fireproofing, design codes, interactions between process fluids and materials and, in particular, failure mechanisms and their diagnosis and prevention.
Candidates must also have experience and understanding of the following:
- Development, sustaining and advocating material and corrosion standards for engineering and inspection to enable compliance with the law and delivery of business targets for asset integrity, SHE, reliability and cost.
- Establishing and sustaining a materials and corrosion knowledge base necessary to deliver legal requirements and business targets. Advocating good practice and providing guidance and coaching to engineers across the site to achieve the mechanical engineering capability in materials and corrosion.
- Investigating materials failures to understand root causes and recommending actions and processes to prevent recurrence.
- Leading the implementation of Risk Based Inspection (RBI) across ALL assets and applying materials and corrosion expertise which match asset targets for improved process integrity and optimising inspection philosophy.
- Coordinating the management and delivery of specialist 3rd party metallurgical services which support materials failure investigations.
- Manage compilation of O&P leak data register, prepare monthly reports regarding root cause and trends.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Peers, Contractors / Clients and provide pro-active technical advice to help enable problem solving on any issues raised at audit.
- Effective communicator; both written, verbal and through presentations, with ability to interact appropriately with all internal and external clients.
- Ability to conduct audits at Contractors’ and Contractors’ sub-suppliers’ fabrication shops in a systematic and ethical manner, reviewing and approving Suppliers from a materials compliance perspective.
- Knowledge and understanding of key corrosion and degradation mechanisms across all materials used in petrochemical environment affecting integrity of; pipework, structure, Furnaces, vessels, tanks and spheres.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering codes and standards as well as inspection techniques including NDT
Should you meet the above requirements please apply and upload your CV now