Mechanical Technician, Finnart (permanent)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
To install, maintain, repair, fault find, fully overhaul and assist in the development of a wide variety of mechanical equipment including centrifugal and reciprocating pumps, turbines, compressors and fixed equipment to achieve maximum reliability in a safe and cost effective manner and adhere to identified standards and practices.
The Candidate will:
Be a time served Mechanical Technician
Have an HNC Level 3 or equivalent.
Have an NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
Be experienced in the full strip, overhaul and rebuild of rotating equipment.
Oil and Gas experience is advantageous but not necessary.
- All health and safety standards (& initiatives) are adhered to and site operating procedures are followed at all times (e.g. Control of Work, COSHH, Manual Handling, Risk assessments, LOLER & PUWER etc. including the raising and follow-up of any issues/actions as appropriate).
- Liaise in job preparation with planner and permit issuing authority to ensure job is ready to start, risks are fully understood
- Execute the job to completion safely, efficiently and ensure work area is left in tidy condition.
- Examine mechanical equipment as directed within safety and operational procedures to ensure any potential faults can be identified in advance of possible failure.
- Examine faulty equipment as directed in order to accurately ascertain the root cause of the fault and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Carry out full overhauls of a full range of rotating mechanical equipment in compliance with company policy and procedure. Equipment includes, but not limited to, overhung pumps, between bearing pumps, diaphragm pumps, gearboxes, reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors and steam turbines.
- Proficient in the use of laser alignment equipment
- Participate in acceptance testing of new equipment within Grangemouth site.
- Assess the spares required for each job, validate and procure spares required from stores or approved vendors and seek to reduce costs through refurbishment of existing parts where cost effective.
- Accurately record all work carried out using a suitable CMMS in order to inform Planner and other Asset personnel of plant status and provide an accurate history of work carried out.
- Promote equipment predictive/preventive maintenance, basic care programmes and actively support manufacturing technicians using technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate flexibility in support of the Asset in the event of a plant failure or upset by executing repair works or assisting operations as required.
- Involvement in equipment improvement teams, offering first-hand technical input and carries out actions to ensure delivery.
- Actively assist and support contractors
/vendors to ensure timely progression of maintenance activities.
- Assist with/Lead (within his/her capabilities and competence), other members of the maintenance team to expedite repair of equipment as required.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply