Specialist Engineer - Furnace - O&P UK, KG Asset
OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, the Company’s’ largest manufacturing asset. The site is undergoing a radical transformation with significant investment into the chemicals business in the order of £450m, securing long term feedstocks and delivering a number of synchronised projects including the construction of Europe’s largest shale gas ethane tank. When completed, these projects will position the Grangemouth site amongst the ‘premier league’ of its peers.
Context for role:
Provide Technical support to deliver Furnace asset care policy that supports Asset SHE, cost and reliability performance targets. Including support to remediation, improvement and development projects.
Chartered Mechanical Engineer with experience ideally in a petrochemicals environment. Or working towards Chartership with the appropriate experience.
Principle Accountabilities of the role:
- Demonstrably support the INEOS 20 principles for Managing Behavioural and Process Safety, to ensure integrity and personal safety through TOP
- Provide Technical support and drive improvement projects to deliver furnace area and boiler NRR and Capex portfolio (including remediation programs and the leadership of specific recoil events in line with plan) and improve reliability and Furnace availability.
- Define and gain agreement to a furnace study and project program with the Asset representative
- Lead the study development work for furnace projects and ensure adequate consultation is taken from other engineering disciplines within and outwit Grangemouth Engineering to ensure a robust option can be presented to the Asset at the end of the study phase.
- Support and input to the development of furnace maintenance and capital budgets on behalf of the asset teams
- Act as the mechanical engineering representative on the Global Olefins Furnace Team ensuring that all relevant opportunities from other sites are built into future plans
- Provides technical knowledge base for purchasing in discussions with specialist vendors in order to influence the best business decision for the Asset.
- Provide support to furnace area and boiler technical investigations and day to day issue resolution in line with Asset demand
- Specify TAR work scope requirements (in accordance with asset strategy) to the Asset Service Manager and assist in execution to support delivery of safe, on time and to budget TAR's.
Candidates must also have experience and understanding of the following:
- In depth knowledge of furnace and boiler technologies and equipment.
- Be experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice and standards relevant to furnaces and boilers
- Have a good understanding of furnace Metallurgy including failure modes such as Creep, Fatigue and Corrosion failure modes.
- Have the ability to manage moderate uncertainty within scope and capable of resolving ambiguity with asset and business
- Have the ability to develop furnace project execution strategies commensurate with the scope of project
- Have the ability to take ownership of budget and schedule for development and improvement projects, and deliver against these targets
- Proactively challenge working practices and engineering standards in an appropriate manner where business and engineering benefits can be achieved.
- Poses good decision making skills within area of expertise and able to influence effectively outside immediate area of expertise
- Have an awareness of the commercial implications of any decisions impacting on furnace work programmes and must be capable of working with purchasing to ensure robust commercial outcomes
- Have the ability to manage internal and external third party service providers on behalf of the Engineering organization and the Asset
- Job Holder owns and maintains the Cracker Furnace Plan
Please apply and submit your CV