Technicians (Mechanical), Grangemouth (permanent)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
This role is within the Engineering Maintenance Team, and is responsible for
The key accountabilities of the role are:
To install, maintain, repair and assist in the development of mechanical equipment to achieve maximum reliability in a safe and cost effective manner and adhere to identified BP standards and practices.
- All health and safety standards (& initiatives) are adhered to and site operating procedures are followed at all times (e.g. Control of Work, COSHH, Manual Handling, Risk assessments, LOLER & PUWER etc. including the raising and follow-up of any issues/actions as appropriate).
- Liase in job preparation with planner and permit issuing authority to ensure job is ready to start, risks are fully understood
- Execute the job to completion safely, efficiently and ensure work area is left in tidy condition.
- Examine mechanical equipment as directed within safety and operational procedures to ensure any potential faults can be identified in advance of possible failure.
- Examine faulty equipment as directed in order to accurately ascertain the root cause of the fault and make recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Participate in acceptance testing of new equipment within Grangemouth site.
- Assess the spares required for each job, validate and procure spares required from stores or approved vendors and seek to reduce costs through refurbishment of existing parts where cost effective.
- Accurately record all work carried out using a suitable CMMS in order to inform Planner and other Asset personnel of plant status and provide an accurate history of work carried out.
- Promote equipment predictive/preventive maintenance, basic care programmes and actively support manufacturing technicians using technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate flexibility in support of the Asset in the event of a plant failure or upset by executing repair works or assisting operations as required.
- Involvement in equipment improvement teams, offering first-hand technical input and carries out actions to ensure delivery.
- Actively assist and support contractors
/vendors to ensure timely progression of maintenance activities.
- Assist, (within his/her capabilities and competence), any other members of the maintenance team to expedite repair of equipment as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recognised apprenticeship in Core discipline, along with relevant certification
- • Performance Bias L2
- • Business Awareness L1
- • Leading People L1
- • Partnership & Teamwork L2
- • Wise Decisions L1
- • Innovation L2
- • IT Skills
- • Process Knowledge
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Please apply and submit your CV
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager