Mechanical workpack specialist - Contract 2024
- Reporting to the TAR Lead the Mechanical Workpack Specialist will provide engineering expertise and technical support to the TAR team.
- This is in support of large Turnarounds planned to take place.
- Each TAR will have approximately 500 workpacks that will require Mechanical input or lead
- The role will require some periods of flexible working to meet business critical demands. It includes working with the INEOS TAR & asset teams and also with the TAR contractors and 3rd party vendors.
- The post-holder will be required to interact with and influence others (e.g. planners/schedulers, COW/RAP team, and contractors to ensure plans are achievable and to facilitate the timely and safe delivery of all work within budget.
- Provide construction engineering input and expertise to ensure the shutdown (TAR) is delivered safely & on time.
- Accountable for the preparation, quality and delivery of all information required for their allocated TAR workpacks within the agreed milestones.
- Prepare job sketches (or drawings if possible) that clearly identify the scope and materials.
- Ensure all inspection and operations requirements including agreed isolations are incorporated.
- Preparation of SIP (scaffold, insulation or painting) requests that are detailed and clear.
- Prepare bills of material (BoM) that are correct and accurate – check against approved Mechanical specifications. Clearly identify direct purchase materials or contractor supplied (e.g consumable) to the TAR materials coordinator.
- Prepare the Job breakdown identifying all 3rd party requirements and resources hours using agreed norms or estimates.
- Identify any long lead or special items to the appropriate TAR discipline engineer for approval.
- During the TAR preparations phase, take a leading role in developing construction methodologies and schedules which deliver the TAR scope within the system windows. Consider any other TAR scopes, simultaneous operations or SHE/permit requirements to prepare robust and tested plans with the TAR planning team.
- Look for any opportunities to maximise pre-TAR works or alternative rationale for performing works outside of a TAR. Both with the benefit of removing scope from the TAR executions.
- Communicate and agree these plans with the appointed TAR contractors through to execution.
- During the TAR you will take up a role within one of the execution area teams to deliver the agreed scope safely & on schedule.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experienced Excel user and all other MS office applications
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and press apply