FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the post holder will provide operational expertise and provide leadership to ensure day-to-day safe, reliable and optimised delivery of the agreed plant plan. Take ownership of the key Process Safety systems and act as Operations representative within the wider FPS North Engineering and Project Teams to support the delivery of long term asset improvements.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the shift operating teams for the plant to ensure its safe and efficient operation within design operating envelopes.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the shift operating team for FPS North to ensure its integrity, safe and optimised operation within its design operating envelope.
- Develop, maintain and audit use of all technical and operating information and documentation required for FPS North. (LO/LC valve database, P&ID’s, Instrument Loop Drawings, etc)
- Audit Asset operating standards through leading level 1 assurance reviews to ensure operation within Site and Regulatory requirements.
- Deliver the recovery of the plant from unplanned interventions by leadership of multi-discipline execution teams.
- Develop and manage all process documentation to allow safe operation and release/handback/ recommissioning for all maintenance activities (Procedures, pre-start assurance checklists etc.).
- Train operating technician teams and supervisors in revised instructions and procedures to sustain and improve plant performance to match SHE, process safety and efficiency targets.
- Set plant area variable cost performance targets and deliver tracking and improvement actions to hit or better budget performance. Own improvement plan for the Operations Team.
- Lead specification of Operations modifications to deliver required improvements in SHE, cost and efficiency targets in alignment with plant strategy.
- Act as Asset Representative for Project activities – setting technical/operational requirements for project and managing interface with asset activities for planning, construction and commissioning.
- Support the successful delivery of the Operations fixed cost budget through the rigorous management of costs within the Operations Team
- Job holder could be expected to be part of the FPS IMT (formal rota).
- Requirement to be contactable out of hours, some periods of inconvenience to support planned and unplanned plant outages.
- Job Holder required to hold/complete offshore competencies to allow plant visits to Forties Unity.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Graduate qualified with >5 years experience or >10 years experience in Asset operations.
- Intimate Asset knowledge and proven expertise in plant operations.
- Proven technical/operational troubleshooting skills.
- Process/Chemical Engineering background preferred.
- Broad knowledge of other relevant technical disciplines – Mech, I/E, Control, DCS, Maintenance, Logistics.
- Detailed knowledge of Site standards and legislative requirements.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams (without line management accountability).
- Strong and wise decision making skills, both within and outwith area of direct expertise.
- Strong knowledge of Site/Area working practices to facilitate others to support aligned delivery of the short term operating plan.
- Proven ability to coach and develop supervisor/technician personnel.
- High level of communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply.