Organisational context and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, speciality chemicals and oil products. It comprises of 30 businesses, spanning across 168 sites and 26 countries throughout the world. Our key values include excellence in safety, health and environmental performance; Encouragement of innovation, entrepreneurship and reward for achievement; and empowering employees to create real value.
INEOS Oil & Gas UK (“IOG UK”) is a fully integrated exploration and production company focused on upstream operations in the Southern North Sea (“SNS”) and West of Shetland. IOG UK also manages INEOS’ onshore shale and upstream services businesses. Our business purpose is the responsible, reliable, long-term extraction of natural gas and our strengths include our know-how, extensive geological and technological experience and our commitment to research and development.
The Operations Support Manager will lead and manage the onshore and offshore operations team to deliver safe and efficient operations with respect to the environment.
They will promote, through ownership and participation, the INEOS 20 principles and auditing in all aspects of production and operations.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplined team to support safe and reliable operations.
- Ensure the asset teams are adhering to company procedures, IGGNS and legislation.
- Ensure organisation has an effective technical authority system and ensure assets have appropriate support.
- Provide assets with integrity and maintenance management support.
- Provide assets with new technology options.
- Lead and manage inventory, logistics contracts and procurement to ensure offshore operations are adequately supported.
- Support asset in production loss management and close out.
- Provide operations and emergency response Duty cover
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in maths, science or an engineering subject
- Significant previous experience working within the operations team for an E&P business
- Previous experience in a managerial or supervisory role
- A core understanding of the role of asset management
- Able to work under significant time pressure and still deliver a reasoned outcome
- Communicate effectively with multiple parties at once and provide a winning position through force of reason with peers, particularly at senior management level
- Able to build effectively working relationships with a wide range of people within the commercial and technical areas of the business
- Exceptional level of commitment to the role
- Commercially astute and cost focused
- Strong leadership skills for multi-faceted teams
- Have a structured and well-organised approach to work
- Desire and ability to create and deliver change
How to Apply