Polymers Shift Manager
Due to further investment at INEOS Grangemouth, we now require a Shift Manager for our Polymers Asset. The Shift Manager will be accountable for leading the safe delivery of the asset plan during their shift via effective management of their team.
- Accountable for providing effective performance management ensuring safe and effective asset plan delivery is achieved by competent personnel across their shift.
- Accountable for driving safety, housekeeping, compliance, emergency exercise programme and handover standards for their area and shift.
- Accountable for the management and resolution of operational/technical/behavioural issues affecting the efficient and safe running of the asset during the shift.
- Generate and uphold a positive culture within their shift by leading by example, proactively supporting other members of the management team and reinforcing the key Ineos 20 Principles and Group Life Saving rules.
- Prepare and deliver effective team briefings covering all aspects of: team and business SHE performance; team and individual competency and behaviour; adherence to site standards and procedures and ensuring all team members understand their role in delivering the business plan.
- Manage team competency ensuring all skills required are available in the team with training and competence plans up to date.
- Identify opportunities and where appropriate take ownership for improvement in procedures and systems to ensure continuous improvement in asset operations.
- Provide assurance to the Plant Manager that all operational boundaries, routine checks and activities are completed as per standard to support required asset safety and reliability performance.
- Monitor and control all variable cost and efficiency targets to deliver the business plan.
- Ensure that shift teams support and feed into the maintenance planning and execution activities to enable development and delivery of the asset maintenance plan
- Specify internal demand for breakdown maintenance support to allow the asset to meet the short term production plan.
- Deliver shift by shift assurance KPI’s to ensure the asset’s performance against targets are met and feedback weekly performance data to Plant Manager.
- On-scene commander (and Incident Manager for level 1) during an emergency incident on the asset.
- Manage the out of hours’ delivery of any TBRAs and TORAs as required.
- This role is viewed as being a key change agent driving a new approach to operations and delivery within the business whilst coping with a legacy of change and disruption, in the sustaining and growth phase of the business strategy.
- The role will be expected to support the delivery of TARs, special planned/unplanned events and key business management meetings out with their normal shift pattern.
- Previous experience in petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to coach and develop people
- High level of communication skills, dealing with all levels in the organisation.
- Strong decision making skills, both within and outwith area of expertise.
- Strong diagnostic skills and problem solving are crucial to the role, allowing wise decisions to be made often from incomplete data.
- Strong knowledge of Site operating standards/procedures and relevant HSE legislation.
- Excellent understanding of maintenance and planning interfaces.
- Working knowledge of ESD, DCS, control systems and all field equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in resolving issues.
- NVQ Level 3 and/or HNC (or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Previous people management experience essential.
Interested candidates should submit their CV.
Please obtain line manager approval before applying for this position.