Polymers Supply & Demand Manager
O&P UK Grangemouth
24th June 2019
ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
The job holder is accountable for controlling the supply/demand balances across the two Polymer production assets at Grangemouth, which produce circa 0.5million tonnes per annum. In doing so optimise feedstock procurement, asset production plans, and the supply chain network to ensure sales commitments are supplied in full. This includes providing support to the site Feedstock team for implementation of the feedstock supply strategy, and influencing requirements of the Supply Chain to deliver sales and optimise variable distribution costs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain demand forecasting for approx. 500 customers located in 35 countries worldwide to achieve accurate view of requirements
- Verify forecasts from the sales teams and drive the achievement of monthly sales targets.
- Lead implementation of operational requirements for co-producer deals
- Implement and manage the planning process to ensure we have rolling 3-month production and supply plans, and agreed within the site campaign plans, polymers product manager and supply chain teams.
- Ensure accurate delivery of monthly feedstock, production, raw material & logistics plans
- Maintain a rolling 12-month production & supply plan, incorporating outages for routine maintenance, CAPEX and product development trials. Ensure these plans are communicated and agreed with feedstock, production and sales functions.
- Influence the supply chain network to continuously optimise efficient supply to customers.
- Propose and implement optimized production schedules, to maximize value to the polymers Business and minimize inefficiency of production.
- Co-ordinate supply challenges including force majeure events, to manage supply to customers.
- Define and seek agreement of maximum & operational stock targets, and deliver operational plans in accordance with agreed working capital targets at a total polymers and material level.
- Define and deliver raw material demand plans and stock requirements, and manage inventory to those levels.
- Manage and minimise the slow moving stock process.
- Provide 3-month rolling production and sales forecasts for the quarterly financial planning process.
- Provide monthly variance analysis and generate actions to manage performance variations to plan.
- Evaluate adherence of production schedule accuracy (for delivering right grades at the right time), and influence continuous improvement.
- Technical authority for the Grangemouth polymers planning process, with accountability for leading and implementing compliance & continuous improvement.
- Responsible for development of planning process and tools, to deliver improved efficiency and greater transparency.
Holiday cover / Relationship Management
- Ensure effective cover for production schedulers and support the Product Manager to ensure business continuity during times of absenteeism and holidays.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all O+P Europe production sites, to ensure commercial opportunities are planned, optimised, communicated and implemented effectively.
- Share best practice , exchanging information with other O&P Europe Supply Managers
- Supervision of Staff
- Line management responsibility for 2 production schedulers
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Degree qualified in a numeric or equivalent discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience in a logistics, supply chain, production, QA/QC or commercial role.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in numeric or technical discipline is essential (e.g. manufacturing, sales, commercial, logistics, Quality assurance/control).
- Experience in a relevant industry is essential; e.g. petrochemical, FMCG, transport logistics).
- Fluency in English is mandatory,
- IT literacy and numeracy are essential.
- Line management experience is desirable.
Technical & Behavioural Skills
- Ability to influence decisions across different business disciplines (Product management, Supply Chain & manufacturing)
- Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving, coupled with the ability to recognise links and priorities in conflicting information
- Has a proactive approach to problem solving, able to make decisions and justify those in times of conflicting demand, and mitigating issues before they arise
- The ability to drive to an optimum balance where there is no perfect solution
- Be prepared to work flexibly in a changing environment, with attention to detail.
- Has the ability and willingness to identify and implement new initiatives and alternatives to recognised problems
- Highly motivated and customer orientated with the ability to influence across functions and levels of the management structure.
- The candidate must have excellent communication skills. (Verbal and written)
- The candidate must have proven team-working ability and a commitment to delivery within a team.
- Strong analytical & numeracy skills.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to achieve success.
- Communicate effectively with multiple parties at once, and influence decision at all levels of management.
- Build effective working relationships with a wide range of people within the commercial and manufacturing areas
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their CV
Internal candidates should speak with their line managers