This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, the Company’s’ largest manufacturing asset. The site is undergoing a radical transformation with significant investment into the chemicals business in the order of £450m, securing long term feedstocks and delivering a number of synchronised projects.
These projects so far have included the successful commissioning of Europe’s largest shale gas ethane tank and completing the building of the new, state of the art Grangemouth headquarters.
To aid the delivery of another our projects, we require a Process Control Engineer to play a key role in the delivery of these.
The Process Control Engineer will provide and maintain controls/advanced applications (abnormal situation management, optimisation, etc.) to meet business unit HSE/reliability and commercial targets.
- Monitor and maintain existing control/automation applications so that they continue to deliver safe, reliable and optimal plant operation.
- Develop and improve existing control/automation applications so that they continue to meet the requirements of the O&P business.
- Identify, design and implement new control/automation applications to improve HSE, reliability and optimal plant operation.
- Supply control engineering support across the whole project lifecycle, to the Study teams, Projects and TAR teams.
- Maintain control/automation application software to ensure maximum availability and benefit to the business.
- Prepare and present control/automation application training to control room operators and other personnel.
- Monitor and evaluate developments in the field of control/automation from our technology providers, academia and Engineering Institutions
The successful candidate:
- Degree qualified Chemical and/or Control Engineer, with extensive industrial experience in the field of process control.
- Preferably Chartered
- Have working expertise of at least one site DCS. (Honeywell TDC3000/TPS/Experion) or Foxboro IA’
- Have a good understanding of petrochemical processes and their commercial drivers and sources of value.
- Thorough understanding of process dynamics and control engineering principles;
- Experienced in the design and commissioning of multivariable control applications and understanding and experienced in use of Aspentech DMC+ and/or Honeywell Profit Controller.
- Understanding of SIS technology & legal requirements/standards.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of alarm system and user interface guidelines.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate with Shift Operators, Operations Engineers, Management and third parties.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Demonstrates ability to identify business improvement possibilities.
- Determine solutions to complex technical problems; Economic evaluation of projects and technologies.
There is an opportunity for a permanent or contract opportunity within this team.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Please apply and upload your CV