Control Engineer - Grangemouth
Opportunity at INEOS -
Competitive salary + benefits package
ARE YOU IN?
INEOS is a young and vibrant global chemical company, which is now at the forefront of exploring innovative energy solutions for the UK and Europe. We have grown quickly through acquisition, with 65 sites in 16 countries and annual turnover of over $40bn. Yet we often referred to as the biggest company that you have never heard of. We are not publicly quoted and do not sell directly to consumers, but rather sell our products business to business as the raw materials for manufacturing goods. These products make a significant contribution to saving life, improving health and enhancing standards of living for people around the world. In many of the markets we operate in we are number one in the world.
We are proud of what we do and the way we work, with strong entrepreneurial drive and the benefit of a rich “blue chip” heritage. INEOS has a unique, non-hierarchical working culture which positively encourages the growth of good ideas and involves all employees in the company’s success.
If you thrive on a challenge and are prepared to push yourself to develop further, then INEOS’ open and direct approach to business will give you the opportunity to develop quickly, in a real job with real responsibilities from day one.
Process Control Engineer at INEOS
Based at our Grangemouth site in the process control team which both maintains and develops control and safety applications for the processes here you will find yourself working on petrochemical and utilities assets. Controls are implemented using a variety of technologies from regulatory to advanced model based controls across multiple control system platforms ensuring variety of work and plenty of challenge.
We are seeking the very best candidates who demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate experience in design, commissioning and maintenance of controls.
- In depth experience developing applications on industrial control systems.
- Degree qualified (Chemical or Electronics/Electrical Engineering.
- Chartered or working towards chartered status.
- Problem solver, good analytical skills.
- Ability to help shape design requirements.
- Ability to deliver controls to meet the design requirements.
- The ability to work under pressure, with confidence.
- A drive for action, initiative and delivery, a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of a scripting/programming language e.g. JAVA, Python, VB, Powershell.
- Knowledge of database structures and possess the ability to design SQL queries.
About the role
The successful candidate will benefit the following:
Competitive benefits package.
Exposure to a wide range of control systems.
Exposure to a range of control technologies.
Design and delivery experience across a wide range of projects.
In house and external training as required.
Develop leadership and technical skills
Support through to IET/ICHEME Chartership.
For a career that could take you anywhere please click “apply” and upload your CV and cover note.