Procurement Manager - FPS - Competitive Salary and package
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Purpose of the job
Functionally the role is responsible for all Procurement of Materials and Services activities of INEOS FPS.
The Procurement Manager role will establish a new stand-alone organisation to replace the current bought-in service provision and drive the necessary culture change across the FPS business to create a cash conscious organisation.
Through setting the strategic objectives and by providing guidance and challenge to the new procurement organisation, the Procurement Manager ensures that:
- • All activities are performed safely and in compliance with SHE legislation
- • Targeted cost savings and performance measures are delivered and that services are maintained or improved
- • Sufficient controls and processes are in place to ensure the integrity of cash spending on fixed, variable and capex budgets
- • Risk is managed appropriately and strategies are put in-place in support of the business and operations teams
- • A consistent challenge is made in terms of cost efficiency in all business activities
The Procurement Manager is also responsible for establishing and maintaining senior level relationships with key suppliers in order to influence alignment of strategies and priorities and match INEOS FPS demand with availability of competent suppliers to support the operation of its Assets.
Functionally, this role has overall accountability and responsibility for:
- Managing a typical spend of about £per annum, covering electricity, gas, steam, water and industrial gases and process chemicals; .
- Ensuring that ocurement processes are maintained to a standard that meets internal INEOS requirements and external BSI accreditation.
- Delivery of appropriate procurement strategies that support the business and operational strategy and priorities.
- Define and drive a different approach with our supplier organisations to ensure that the standard and quality of service delivery is significantly improved
- The performance of the Procurement team will be measured by its ability to reliably deliver materials and services on time, on budget and to the required quality to match operational demands, TAR timescales and Project plans.
- Assurance on the competence and capability of the procurement function
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree level/professionally qualified under CIPS
- At least 10 years of procurement leadership experience predominantly in manufacturing environments.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK petrochemical market and the companies active in this sector; deep understanding of its cycles and the driving forces behind them; highly developed commercial and negotiation skills; understanding of contract law; highly numerate and well developed financial knowledge.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven ability to drive cultural change.
- Ability to think under pressure, to react quickly and to demonstrate leadership.
- Willingness to assume responsibility.
- Ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Highly developed strategic and tactical thinking.
- Logical and practical with ability to think laterally with advance troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to distil complex problems into their key issues and to identify and prioritise options.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Business targets for SHE, EBITDA & Cashflow
- Fixed cost plan adherence
- Procurement cost savings
- Extensive Approved Supplier network
To apply please register and upload your CV