O&P UK Logistics
Due to further investment at INEOS Grangemouth, we now require a Procurement Specialist for our commercial team. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for ensuring appropriate and cost effective logistics solutions as well as leading performance management of the 3rd party terminals which are responsible for on-site storage and handling of our polymer products.
- Performance Manager for PLS the On-Site logistics terminal. Tasked with development and maintenance of strong working relationships to ensure that performance targets are met and that the terminal operates safely.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Logistics Market and develop strong relationships with suppliers and stakeholders. Aim to lower costs and improve performance.
- Develop robust procurement strategy for the procurement of services and packaging. Identify synergy’s working with colleagues in Europe to benefit the business.
- Carry out RFI, RFQ, Tendering using e-tender tools were appropriate
- Contract management applying Fuel, inflation clauses were appropriate.
- Negotiation with 3rd parties during tender process, for any spot business and during special events, to meet both the service needs of the business and budget cost targets.
- Provide business process knowledge and system experience of SAP and associated systems in the Commercial and Supply Chain functional areas to ensure business requirements are met.
- Ability to interact with INEOS colleagues working in other locations.
- Ability to engage with a variety of different personnel from 3rd Party Logistics providers.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Preferred degree qualified. Substantial relevant experience considered.
- Significant knowledge of SAP ERP is required
- Demonstrable commercial aptitude, developed within a relevant business environment
- Substantial knowledge of olefins and polymers products and logistics operations.
- Significant understanding of supply chain requirements and expertise in delivering value-adding solutions.
- Excellent SAP knowledge/understanding.
- Strong understanding of business and financial processes and their interaction and dependencies with Supply Chain processes.
- Experience in managing vendor data and setting up of off-site operations for logistics
- Excellent judgment when making commercial decisions
- Strong business sense – able to influence within the business environment.
- Strong supply chain HSE knowledge
- Should have a strong background in business skills, budgeting, problem solving and analysis
- Negotiation skills, communication, managing relationships, teamwork
- Ability to work productively when under pressure and under tight time restraints, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must be able to proactively network with other INEOS businesses
- Lead by example and take responsibility for own performance
- A bias for action with a proven track record of initiative and problem solving.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Detailed approach to problem solving and data entry.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- A logistics systems or IT qualification is desirable