Procurement Specialist – Materials & Equipment (Stock)
INEOS O&P UK
INEOS, the name for Chemicals
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, INEOS’ largest manufacturing asset. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Procurement Specialist with relevant experience in management of Materials & Equipment to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
The key requirement of this role is to ensure that the O&P UK Projects and the Assets have the correct & sufficient stock materials available to meet the site Capex, production and maintenance plans.
The individual will be responsible to ensure that all stock material ordered complies with the O&P UK standards for quality and safe delivery.
- Process all stock reports detailing all stock items to be replenishment as per required frequency
- Process all new stock requests from assets through to PO placement
- Provide effective expediting where demand is critical for stock parts.
- In conjunction with asset engineers support timely resolution of any Technical Queries, post order placement or highlighted by the Stores team.
- In line with the stock management process, cross-reference all parts (to be added to the Maximo stock system) to asset plant and/or equipment.
- Maintain information of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) on the stock records for cross reference incl. serial number, model number of plant and/or equipment within Maximo system.
- Facilitate all stock requirements with assets via formal reports, create purchase requisitions and process stock purchase orders as required.
- Issue weekly replenishment of Consignment purchase orders and monthly usage reports.
- Highlight and propose any non-consignment stock items where increased or regular usage would justify adding to an existing Consignment agreement.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure best commercial terms, based on agreed specification and implement formal pricing agreements
- Maintain and manage stock pricing agreements where applicable, utilising the Maximo database to best effect.
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can potentially offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS
- Ensure that all stock material is procured to the correct technical specification, site standards and stock levels to meet operational & maintenance requirements.
- Processing of all stores materials returns into the stock system (Maximo) for the O&P UK assets.
- Update stock purchase orders with acknowledgement confirmation and process invoice queries as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self starter and effective communicator across key stakeholder population (engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers)
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Five years+ experience operating in a large manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Maximo Stores and Procurement modules preferred.
- Good knowledge of Materials & Inventory Management
- Good knowledge of support software e.g. Business Objects, Excel, Word.
- Professional manner dealing with all external suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Sound negotiator.
- Working knowledge of inventory management, planning and working capital metrics.
- Good understanding of stores issuing and receipting procedures.
- Excellent analytical skills.
How to Apply
Please upload your CV and apply