Procurement Specialist – Materials
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Procurement Specialist with relevant experience in a large complex manufacturing environment to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business. This will be a contract role but could go permanent.
The Procurement Specialist will ensure that the Projects and the Assets have the correct materials available to be able to meet the site Capex plans and production plans.
The individual will be responsible to ensure that the materials and services ordered arrive on schedule and with the correct documentation or expertise.
- Development of procurement strategies for all engineered material and equipment and stores stock including critical, high value, complex equipment that will achieve cost reduction value and benefit to all O&P UK businesses, including where appropriate other INEOS European businesses.
- Network with the whole of the INEOS procurement organization to maximise group leverage possibilities.
- Ensure that security of supply for allocated material, equipment, stores stock are maintained to the correct technical specification, safely and on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- Provide market knowledge both commercial and technical to all O&P UK procurement customers.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure best commercial terms based on agreed specification and demand to spend INEOS cash to ensure best value for the business.
- Follow the department procurement processes that meet internal INEOS requirements.
- Develop procurement strategies with all O&P UK businesses engaging with Project managers, Asset Technical managers, Asset Delivery Managers, Site Technical Authorities and Maintenance Managers for approval by the Procurement Manger and Operations Director where appropriate.
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS to mitigate project or asset schedule risks.
The successful applicant must have:
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or experience in a large procurement organisation.
- IT skills including excel, word, SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
- Previous procurement experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can provide a commercial and or technical challenge to suppliers to delivery cost savings.
- Good working knowledge and skills of MS office tools, particularly excel.
- Deep understanding of external cost drivers on materials in order to establish strategies to mitigate supplier increases
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.
Please apply and submit your CV