PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (temporary 12 & 6 months initially)
Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
Petroineos Refining and Trading is one of the largest independent refiners trading in Europe. Our two advantaged refineries process 420,000 barrels of crude oil per day and produce in the region of 19 million tonnes of fuels per annum. Our refineries are strategically located at Grangemouth in Scotland and at Lavéra in France and are both fully integrated with co-sited petrochemical plants.
Grangemouth, home to Scotland’s only crude oil refinery, is directly connected to the Forties Pipeline System in the North Sea. It also imports other crudes from around the world via our deep-sea terminal at Finnart, on the west coast of Scotland.
Having committed to significant investment and remediation program over the next few years, we require a highly experienced and motivated Procurement Specialists to join our Procurement Team at our Grangemouth site on a temporary basis.
The Procurement Specialist will take the lead and determine best overall strategy to deliver services under their portfolio. The successful individual will be responsible for ensuring that the procurement service is delivered in line with our Grangemouth Management Procedures.
The key accountabilities of the role are:
- Establishing a deep understanding of the market for the services allocated.
- Develop a supplier positioning profile to assess business risk and opportunity for the business.
- The development and execution of procurement strategies for a wide range of requirements from software licences to engineering and construction services, which will be time critical, high value, complex services for the business.
- Determine the most appropriate style of contract for services under their management that will deliver the best overall outcome.
- Liaise with end users to develop and review technical scope/commercial packages for competitive tender events.
- Coordinate the issuing of tenders and the evaluation of returns.
- Ensure that all Purchase orders are placed in accordance with site approval process and work within defined business processes.
- Deal with claims mitigation, have the ability to challenge cost disputes with 3rd party suppliers
- Provide expert advice on supply chain risks, including in-depth market knowledge of both commercial and technical fields.
- Use influencing skills to encourage procurement change and engagement across the site and where applicable and beneficial to the business.
- Set out contracts that are fully compliant to support our business needs that are legally binding, that mitigate any and all commercial risk to Petroineos and drive appropriate supplier performance.
- Identify new potential suppliers, to create additional competitiveness and market tension for their services area of responsibility.
- Manage new suppliers through our pre qualification process, working with the technical authorities on site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree level qualifications or experience.
- In depth procurement experience who have dealt with complex procurement, contracts and high value spend portfolios.
- Experience in dealing with complex construction contracts including mechanical, electrical and scaffolding contracts, which include dealing with NAECI agreements.
- Experience in managing services contracts and delivering significant savings within these contracts.
- Preferably be MCIPS qualified.
- Have an understanding of contract law.
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate, experience of MS Office packages.
- Be a self starter who can work on their own initiative.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Please apply and submit your CV
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager