Petroineos Refining - OUR FUTURE IS EXTRAORDINARY. YOURS COULD BE TOO.
Petroineos Refining and Trading is one of the largest independent refiners trading in Europe. Our two advantaged refineries process 420,000 barrels of crude oil per day and produce in the region of 19 million tonnes of fuels per annum. Our refineries are strategically located at Grangemouth in Scotland and at Lavéra in France and are both fully integrated with co-sited petrochemical plants.
Grangemouth, home to Scotland’s only crude oil refinery, which is directly connected to the Forties Pipeline System in the North Sea. It also imports other crudes from around the world via our deep-sea terminal at Finnart, on the west coast of Scotland.
Having committed to significant investment and remediation program over the next few years, we require a highly experienced and motivated Procurement Specialist to join our Procurement Team at our Grangemouth site on a permanent basis.
The Procurement Specialist will take lead and determine best overall strategy to deliver equipment, materials and controls under their portfolio. To tender, negotiate engineering materials and equipment contracts, including but not limited to price, terms and conditions of purchase with various third party providers. All Purchase orders and contracts which are fit for purpose to satisfy business demands including maintenance, projects, and Turnarounds (TAR’s) for all allocated direct and indirect equipment & materials engineering purchases.
The key accountabilities of the role are:
- Manage Procurement related risks on Equipment & Materials they are responsible for
- Tender, Analyse, Negotiate, and agree contracts
- Manage Supplier Relationships
- Determine the type of contract that will deliver the best overall value and delivery outcome for the business.
- Challenge demand and scope specification to eliminate unnecessary costs to realise better value.
- Ensure that all Purchase orders and Contracts are placed in accordance with business DOA and working within defined business processes..
- Establish a deep understanding of the market for the Equipment & Materials allocated to them and main supplier’s in that market.
- Develop supplier-positioning profiles of suppliers under their responsibility, in order to assess business opportunities.
- Develop Procurement Strategies to meet business goals and ensure compliance with processes
- Dispute Management, experienced in claims mitigation, the ability to challenge with rationale and reason cost disputes when they arise. Reducing and mitigating all exposures on contracts that they manage.
- Provide expert advice on Equipment & Materials including in-depth market knowledge both commercial and technical. Use influence to encourage procurement change and engagement across the business where applicable.
- Set out contracts that are fully compliant to support our business needs that are legally binding, that mitigate any and all commercial risk to Petroineos and drive appropriate supplier performance through appropriate KPI’s
- Identify new potential suppliers, to create additional competitiveness and market tension to their areas of responsibility.
- Contribute positively to the plan for Petroineos on organisation change
- Contribute to deliver agreed department targets and KPI’s
- Manage new suppliers through our pre qualification process, working with the technical authorities on site.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Degree and / or equivalent chartered membership
- Experience in procurement of Engineered / Fabricated Equipment, Materials and Controls
- Experience in a large complex manufacturing environment / COMAH site would be an advantage
- Can demonstrate track record of delivering cost savings and value.
- Strong financial awareness of cost drivers within the materials supply chain.
- Good working understanding of quality standards and legislation would be an advantage
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels across the businesses
- Expert, in tendering skills and techniques
- Expert, in tender analysis skills and techniques
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques
- Experience in concluding contracts
- Maximo and SAP experience a distinct advantage
- Computer literate, good working knowledge and skills of MS office tools
- Be self-starters who can work on their own initiative.
We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK
Please apply and submit your CV