Procurement Specialist - Services
INEOS O&P UK
INEOS, the name for Chemicals
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
This is an exciting time to join us at our Grangemouth site, INEOS’ largest manufacturing asset. Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Procurement Specialist with relevant experience in management of Services to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
The key requirement of this role is to ensure that the O&P UK Projects and the Assets have the correct services available to be able to meet the site Capex plans and production plans.
The individual will be responsible to ensure that the services ordered comply with the O&P UK standards for quality and safe delivery.
- Development of procurement strategies and award of engineering services contracts to support the O&P UK business that will achieve best value for the business.
- Knowledge and understanding of the NAECI ( “the blue book”).
- Knowledge and understanding of ‘Offshore’ Logic Terms & Conditions.
- Knowledge of the offshore Logistics Supply Chain market
- Ensure that security of supply for services is maintained safely, to the correct technical specification and on schedule to meet operational requirements.
- Provide market knowledge both commercial and technical to all INEOS procurement customers.
- Negotiate with suppliers to secure best commercial terms based on agreed specification and demand to spend INEOS cash to ensure best value for the business.
- Follow the department procurement processes that meet internal INEOS requirements.
- Develop procurement strategies with all O&P UK businesses engaging with Project managers, Asset Technical managers, Asset Delivery Managers, Site Technical Authorities and Maintenance Managers for approval by the Procurement Manager and Operations Director where appropriate.
- Identify and recommend new suppliers to the businesses that can offer a commercial or technical advantage to INEOS to mitigate project or asset schedule risks.
- Provide expert advice on procurement related risks, including in depth market knowledge both commercial and technical to all INEOS procurement customers.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure best commercial terms based on agreed specifications and aggregated O&P UK demand to spend INEOS cash wisely.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills – necessary to do the job
- MCIPS qualified preferred or equivalent chartered membership or QS qualifications
- IT skills including excel, word, SAP & Database analysis would be advantageous.
- Self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
- Previous purchasing / commercial / contractual (5-10 years) experience in a large complex manufacturing environment and can demonstrate challenge to suppliers to delivery cost savings.
- Good working knowledge and skills of MS office tools particularly Excel.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques.