Document Controller – Contract
INEOS O & P
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
The ethylene cracker at our INEOS O&P business in Grangemouth has a substantial program of projects underway, comprising the completion of the final phases of a new build furnace, and a suite of projects that are under development for delivery between now and early 2024.
A Document Controller is one of a number of experienced project professionals INEOS is seeking, to join the existing team to support this major investment program.
- To file, retrieve, issue and update a large variety of technical records for multiple projects.
- To maintain the associated document databases and systems and document distribution matrices.
- Flexible role including document control, document management, maintenance equipment records and project team reporting.
- Issue and distribute project documentation in accordance with agreed document distribution matrices to ensure all current documents are relevant versions and available at point of use.
- Ensure documents both internally and from external sources are legible, identifiable and correctly formatted.
- Process email requests and queries from the document control mailbox in line with site procedures and clear the requests timely to avoid disruption to the project.
- Track and report on project document status for all project teams.
- Support completions engineers with collation of punch lists, red line drawings and certification.
- Upload drawings and documents to the site document management system for projects and on an ad hoc basis for one off requests.
- Update newly allocated equipment tag numbers to Maximo, update equipment details by interpreting data sheets or by following designer populated attribute sheets.
- Provides cover for team technical clerk.
- Interface with third party designer document control teams and engineers.
- Fully conversant in engineering document handover requirements.
- Expert user of a document control system, user of maintenance databases, document storage packages and plotter.
- Proactive in setting up of project requirements, querying anomalies and resolving issues.
- Providing support to first line manager on document control procedures.
- The project programme comprises multi-discipline projects running concurrently.
- May have occasional periods of inconvenience to support turnarounds.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- HNC or similar in document/information management or minimum two years working on large engineering or construction environments.
- Working knowledge of document control systems & processes.
- Experience and understanding of Supplier and Engineering documentation.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to organise workload / high level of efficiency.
- Ability to communicate and network effectively across various levels both within INEOS and with third party companies.
- Has a logical, proactive and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Motivated to deliver on all actions to a high standard and in line with project schedule.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and information and to report recommendations with justification.
- Commitment to excellent SHE performance and zero tolerance for unsafe conditions/ behaviours.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply and upload CV