Are you in?
A truly global company, INEOS is one of the world’s largest chemical companies.
Having committed to significant investment over the next few years, we now require a Project Engineer with relevant experience to play a key role in the delivery and support of this growth in our business.
Reports to the Project Manager. The post holder is responsible for delivery of the projects in the various phases from conception through engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning in line with INEOS O&P business needs.
- Deliver project scopes through the various projects phases coordinating and integrating the various engineering disciplines, both internal to O&P and other 3rd parties.
- Establish and sustain effective working relationships with all project stakeholders, asset teams, technical authorities, project managers so that all study and project objectives are met. (Work closely with all project stakeholders to agree and develop the required statement of requirements.)
- Ensure that an effective basis for each project phase is defined with the Asset and other key project stakeholders.
- Monitor scope, cost, schedule and quality and take corrective action as necessary to ensure projects are carried out within agreed timescales and costs.
- Produce the required documentation for the INEOS O&P business which defines project scope and scale while providing a firm base for the business to make a capital investment decision.
- Can interface with managers at a more senior level within site organization.
- Ability to manage moderate uncertainty within scope and capable of resolving ambiguity with stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership of budget and schedule and deliver against these targets.
- Knowledge of chemical plant design and plant operations.
- Has a basic appreciation of project management techniques.
- Ability to manage key interfaces within project (commercial, regulatory, engineering etc)
- Can proactively challenge working practices and engineering standards in an appropriate manner where business and engineering benefits can be achieved.
- Can manage external engineering/consultants to an agreed milestone plan.
- Awareness of multi-disciplinary issues which impact on project scope and study definition.
- Good decision making skills within area of expertise.
- Can assess and manage project risk and work to put effective mitigation plans in place.
- Has a solid understanding of process safety, environmental and business risk and the processes to manage these risks, such as HAZID/ ENVID, HAZOP, LOPA, etc.
- Potential to coach/mentor interns and developing engineers to support professional development of individuals
Qualifications, knowledge and Skills
- Degree qualified engineer
- Knowledge of key regulations relating to operations and design such as CDM, HSWA, CoMAH, PPC.
- Awareness of process safety concepts and issues and can apply at a basic level.
- Awareness of formalised project process.
Line Management Responsibility
Please apply and submit your CV
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager