Project Engineer - Contract
Agency Position (18 months)
FPS is a 100% INEOS-owned integrated oil and gas liquid transportation and processing system with a nominal capacity in excess of one million barrels per day serving the central area of the North Sea.
Oil and gas liquids from over 50 offshore fields and St Fergus flow through pipelines into FPS. FPS transports crude oil and gas liquids from offshore and onshore entry points, processes the liquids at Kinneil and redelivers to the customer Forties Blend crude oil at Hound Point and either Raw Gas or fractionated Gas Products at Grangemouth.
Ineos has committed to significant investment in FPS to ensure safe and reliable operations to 2040+. As part of this investment one of our strategic projects, New Compression Train, is entering the DEFINE phase.
Reporting to the New Compression Train Project Manager, the post holder is responsible for developing and delivering agreed early site works to meet HSE, schedule, cost and technical performance targets for the INEOS FPS organisation. This will include engineering and delivery of Tie-ins to the existing plant during the planned 2022 Turnaround (TAR).
· Develop and deliver the implementation of agreed early site works to achieve HSE goals and sanctioned cost, time and technical performance commitments. A key objective of the role is to deliver New Compression Train Tie-ins to the existing plant during the 2022 TAR along with site enabling works for the main project.
· Develop and deliver project execution plans which meet business objectives and agreed processes for design, contract management, purchasing, construction and commissioning.
· Monitor costs, programme and quality and take corrective action as necessary to ensure the work is carried out within agreed timescales and costs.
· Interface with Site TAR and Project Construction team to agree and deliver key milestones and readiness criteria.
· Single Point of Accountability to ensure site Management of Change (MOC) process is followed for all modifications.
· Establish and sustain effective working relationships with all project stakeholders, asset team, TAR team and Contract teams so that all project objectives are met.
· Ability to interface effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
· Ability to prioritise own work to ensure key milestones are met
· Has in depth knowledge of oil and gas/ midstream design and project delivery
· Can proactively challenge working practices and engineering standards in an appropriate manner where business and engineering benefits can be achieved.
· Can manage external engineering and installation contractors to an agreed milestone plan.
· Identifies and manages interfaces with Asset, TAR & Construction teams to ensure overall project and TAR success
· Awareness of multi-disciplinary issues which impact on project scope and delivery
· Good decision making skills within area of expertise
· Can assess and manage project risk and work to put effective mitigation plans in place
· Understanding of Management of Change processes and associated documentation
Qualifications and Technical Experience
· Degree qualified engineer with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably with a bias towards Process, Mechanical or Piping.
· Understanding of project processes and experience of taking engineering designs through to installation and commissioning.
· Experience of TAR preparation and delivery processes
· Knowledge of the requirements for site enabling works including temporary accommodation / occupied buildings
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CV and apply