Project Manager - Contract
Lead the development and delivery of a portfolio of inter-related, multi-disciplinary engineering projects to meet HSE, technical, schedule and cost performance targets.
This is an exciting time to join us at Grangemouth within the O&P UK Business.
We are currently recruiting for a contract Project Manager that will be accountable for managing the delivery of a £25-30M program of 5-8 inter-related projects.
- Lead the development of a portfolio level execution strategy for a suite of multi-disciplinary projects to support their delivery in a complex operational and maintenance environment
- Develop the supporting execution plans for individual projects to deliver them to meet business objectives and with agreed processes for design, contract management, purchasing, construction and commissioning.
- Challenge and develop project scopes and specifications to optimise compliance levels with engineering standards and specifications
- Support the conceptual design team to ensure robust scopes, preliminary execution plans, schedules and cost estimates are adequately prepared
- Develop project scope, schedule and cost estimate in the preliminary engineering phase of each project to prepare for full financial sanction
- Lead the team to deliver the implementation and close-out phase of projects and achieve HSE goals and meet the technical, schedule and budget targets
- Make best use of project controls to manage project change and monitor and report on project schedule and cost performance
- Multi-disciplinary project portfolio comprising several concurrent projects
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
- Ability to build and lead a team in a matrix management environment
- Ability to identify and manage interfaces within the Project team, including internal Ineos and external design, vendor and constructors.
- Interfaces with all functions to secure the resources required for project delivery including design, procurement, construction, systems & control, cost, estimating, planning, completions, inspection & integrity, maintenance, operational and commissioning teams
- Ability to monitor, identify and manage risk and uncertainty across the project portfolio.
- Challenges existing working practices and proposes improvements.
- Good decision making skills within all aspects of project management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Excellent communicator and team builder
- Significant experience managing the full lifecycle of projects and delivering them into a manufacturing environment
- Able to develop execution strategies to deliver projects in a complex manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of project processes, best practices and the regulatory framework for the delivery of engineering projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of risk management and project controls
How to Apply
Please apply and submit your CV
This role has been found to be inside of IR35 legislation, therefore we are only able to consider applicants who are able to work under a PAYE agreement
Internal candidates should not apply through this system, please speak directly to your Line Manager